• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which school is #12?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

What school rymes with crap?

ECU rhymes with gay

We just moved over to your guy's section for next year.... It's going to baby central now

Well crap, we're moving to Buffalo and picking up crap cheap tickets in the 300's to stay ticket holders.

It seems people will go to great lengths to stay away from the Wrath of Graft

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  2

chariss, as much as Coach K wants the ACC to be a roundball conference...football rules all and makes the most $$$$$$$$. Just because the ACC is good at basketball, doesn't make it a bball conference.

True, but depending on what schools are lost in a raid, the ACC could be in a position where it feels it needs a basketball add more than a football add, and in that case surely Memphis would trump us. Temple would too.

Edited by BatonRougeBull87

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693

If its true the new conference is the American 12/XII, who is the 12th?

1 USF

2 Cincinnati

3 UConn

4 Temple

5 UCF

6 Memphis

7 Houston

8 SMU

9 Tulane

10 East Carolina

11 Navy

12 ???

And what are the chances of pushing Navy and ECU to full members, or finding 3 other full members to add stability?

ECU is still football only?

? I thought that they became a full member as well...

The 12th team will be Tulsa... I have seen rumors on ESPN that Southern Miss. and Ohio are rumored to be teams #13 and #14 :stirpot:

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

IMO, we should be looking for full members to add stability. I think that was one of the things that was the downfall of the Big East, having members who had no interest or stake in the football success, and adding affiliate members for just football only made it worst. Twelve full members for football and basketball should be the goal.

having 12 members doesnt make it stable

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Well, aren't there degrees of stability? Obviously any non-P(5) team would jump, if tapped, but I think it has more to do with developing some measure of stability regarding what can be accomplished. The non-P(5) teams DO NOT control the time table for when/if/who expansion touches, and you have to actually do something in the interim besides pining. Gotta dress it up. Come up with a championship game, do something. Toss me that lipstick. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  160

Well, aren't there degrees of stability? Obviously any non-P(5) team would jump, if tapped, but I think it has more to do with developing some measure of stability regarding what can be accomplished. The non-P(5) teams DO NOT control the time table for when/if/who expansion touches, and you have to actually do something in the interim besides pining. Gotta dress it up. Come up with a championship game, do something. Toss me that lipstick. 

Also, as a non-P5, we are not just vulnerable from raiding by P5 conferences. As the last few months has show, we are now also vulnerable to raiding from other non-P5, especially the MWC. Going to 12 - as long as the 12th is a reasonably strong school - might make it less likely that western schools such as Houston and SMU are tempted to jump to the MWC. Like it or not, they are our real rivals right now.

...Like it or not, they are our real rivals right now.

and so the new reality sets in...

Stop it! Stop it right now! (Mountain) West...turn MAC loose this instant! I'm not kidding!

6397.jpg

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

These are our rivals now:

Animal_House_Loosers_022412.jpg

• Upvote 2

Ah, indeed! Seated on the 'couch of shame' as we stare straight ahead, not making eye contact, hoping that we are tapped for an invitation to the P(5) Omegas.

COP/C Chair and University of Iowa President Sally Mason. : Just tell me, USF, what conference would pledge a school like you?

David A. Brandon, Michigan AD: l'm not going to say B1G is the best conference in P(5), but a lot of outstanding schools figure, they'll pledge B1G or won't pledge at all.