• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Women's Basketball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  25
  • Days Won:  0

Any news on the TV situation for our game?

According to the ESPN Site, it's 6:30pm on ESPN2. All games of the tournament are on ESPN2, UTC/Nebraska, KU/Col, and Montana/GA are all on at the same time on ESPN2 so I guess they're doing it by Regional coverage.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37
  • Days Won:  0

Go kick some Red Raider ass, ladies ....

Now that's just rude. Especially since "South Florida, Cal and Fresno State coaches praise the tradition of support of women's basketball on the South Plains".http://redraiders.com/sports-red-raiders-womens-basketball/2013-03-20/ncaa-notebook-south-florida-emerges-right-side#.UUvVN2t5mSN

Get over it.  :D

Done! :D

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

According to the ESPN Site, it's 6:30pm on ESPN2. All games of the tournament are on ESPN2, UTC/Nebraska, KU/Col, and Montana/GA are all on at the same time on ESPN2 so I guess they're doing it by Regional coverage.

VD5 said its a rotating coverage between the games, so I guess whichever one is the most entertaining at the moment.

But the whole game will be shown on ESPN3

Edited by outrunner

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

VD5 said its a rotating coverage between the games, so I guess whichever one is the most entertaining at the moment.

But the whole game will be shown on ESPN3

ESPN3 will have it ...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Thanks, I'm hoping we're on the deuce since DC is BE territory. I can't get ESPN3 anymore since my phone hiccupped a while back. :(

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

USF W. Basketball â€@USFWBB

Great news from today's production meeting... USF will be the National Game Saturday, on ESPN2. Watch live as the Bulls face Texas Tech!

Sat, Mar 23  #7 Texas Tech - Lubbock, Texas   6:50 p.m.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Bulls!

Are there odds from Vegas? I want to know the line (I don't gamble except when driving).

Okay, we are underdogs by 6.5 points.

Game Preview from the A.P.

South Florida-Texas Tech Preview
The Associated Press – 21 hours ago

LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) -- - Texas Tech stumbled late in 2012-13 and enters the NCAA tournament on a season-worst three-game losing streak. Luckily for the Lady Red Raiders, they get to open play Saturday night on their own court.

Tenth-seeded South Florida takes on No. 7 seed Texas Tech, the host team that's appearing in its 20th NCAA tournament two decades after bringing the national title to West Texas.

The Lady Raiders are in the NCAA tournament for only the second time in seven seasons under coach Kristy Curry. They were tough to beat at home this season, going 14-3.

South Florida (21-10) is back in the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2006.

Texas Tech's defense allowed opponents to make 40.2 percent of their field goals this season and there will be no day off against the Bulls. USF has a twin threat - sisters Andrea and Andrell Smith - who can put points on the board in a hurry (combined 30.3 per game).

Texas Tech guard Monique Smalls said facing the Smiths will remind her of Big 12 guards like Oklahoma State's Tiffany Bias or Oklahoma's Aaryn Ellenberger.

"They are very, very quick and they love to get out to push the ball," the senior point guard said. "They know where the other is. We've already faced that, so we're all ready to come out and face that Saturday."

The Bulls also have guard Inga Orekhova, third on the team with 12.2 points per game.

"We're going to go as far as these three guys right here are going to take us, and that's been our story all year," Bulls coach Jose Fernandez said of the Smiths and Orekhova. "We've got to make sure we take good shots. We love to shoot the three, look at our stats. That's a big part of it. We can't come down and take contested, quick shots."

Curry thinks the two teams are very similar in guard play but believes the game could come down to post play. For the Lady Raiders, that's Kelsi Baker (10.6 ppg) and Christine Hyde (9.5 ppg); Akila McDonald (3.7 ppg) and Alisia Jenkins (6.2 ppg) play in the post for the Bulls.

"Their post players are underrated," Curry said. "Seems like when they need a play made both those post players step up."

A strong finish to the regular season, including back-to-back wins over Top-25 teams Louisville and Syracuse, helped propel the Bulls onto the NCAA bubble. They put up another strong showing against No. 2 Notre Dame in the Big East tournament before falling 75-66 in the quarterfinals.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/south-florida-texas-tech-preview-224751466--ncaaw.html