• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A new Ford in Raymond James?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

Csonka had Mercury Morris.

I would like to go with something like that.

Actually, he had Jim Kiick. They were called, "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid".

From wikipedia,

Kiick and Csonka were roommates at training camp and on the road. Their hell-raising typically included consuming large quantities of adult beverages. In 1969 sportswriter Bill Braucher of the Miami Herald, upon hearing of their exploits on and off the field, dubbed them "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" (Kiick was Butch, Csonka was Sundance).[12] A TV film was made of their exploits, showing them riding horseback into the sunset on Miami Beach, and they even posed for a poster dressed in western garb.

The Sports Illustrated issue of August 7, 1972, featured a profile of Kiick and Csonka. This issue has become a collector's item because of the cover photograph of Kiick and Csonka by famed SI photographer Walter Iooss, with Csonka making an obscene gesture with the middle finger of his right hand across his left shin.

Morris was the lightning to Csonka's thunder, which is what I think BDYZR was referring to ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Actually, he had Jim Kiick. They were called, "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid".

From wikipedia,

Kiick and Csonka were roommates at training camp and on the road. Their hell-raising typically included consuming large quantities of adult beverages. In 1969 sportswriter Bill Braucher of the Miami Herald, upon hearing of their exploits on and off the field, dubbed them "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" (Kiick was Butch, Csonka was Sundance).[12] A TV film was made of their exploits, showing them riding horseback into the sunset on Miami Beach, and they even posed for a poster dressed in western garb.

The Sports Illustrated issue of August 7, 1972, featured a profile of Kiick and Csonka. This issue has become a collector's item because of the cover photograph of Kiick and Csonka by famed SI photographer Walter Iooss, with Csonka making an obscene gesture with the middle finger of his right hand across hisleft shin.

Morris was the lightning to Csonka's thunder, which is what I think BDYZR was referring to ...

Yes, that is what Shula had in mind. But those two were best buds, even wrote a book together. Even left the NFL together.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

From wikipedia,

The Sports Illustrated issue of August 7, 1972, featured a profile of Kiick and Csonka. This issue has become a collector's item because of the cover photograph of Kiick and Csonka by famed SI photographer Walter Iooss, with Csonka making an obscene gesture with the middle finger of his right hand across his left shin.

Funny photo!

3909338332453429.jpg

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I remember when Mike Ford was at USF.  I had such high hopes yet was sadly disapoinited.with the results.  Flashes of brilliance and OH S***T.

We had a decent passing game but as the season progressed opponents knew how bad our running game was. I am excited to think how Willie T

will turn the program around.  What type of running game do you envision?  Pulling Guads, play option or Big 10 midwest straight ahead brute force?

Go Bulls :applause:

Let's hope Auggie Sanchez can step up and be THAT guy!