• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Howard Wilder CB, LA Pierce CC(JUCO)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I think Wilder should look at the DBs we've put in the NFL, even if just a few, and compare to Cincy...and now we have a former NFL DB coach who has put a few very good players in.  You want to go to the NFL...play for someone that knows how to help you.

I agree that Cooper is a legit reason to come to USF, but saying Jenkins (or any other previous DB getting to the NFL) is a reason for him to come here is silly. Why the hell would Wilder care, or should he care, that we had a first round draft pick at his position 4 years and 3 staffs ago?

I remember when Jenkins stated as DC he sucked one on one got beat and was picked on.  That sure changed. with good coaching.  Obviously the coaching staff saw the potential and developed it.

and the rest is history.  Raw talent, work ethic, coaching, exposure all are required to make it to the NFL.  We have that at USF.  If one  recruite (Wilder) it doesn't take advantage of this situation someone else will.  I have complete faith in our ability to get our defense back at the national level.  Just not sure who  will be getting a bus ticket.

Go Bulls

The coaching staff that got fired before the coaching staff that was just fired? Exactly why Wilder doesn't care about Jenkins.

And what the hell is a DC? Jenkins ran our defense for a few years as coordinator and I didn't know?

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I think Wilder should look at the DBs we've put in the NFL, even if just a few, and compare to Cincy...and now we have a former NFL DB coach who has put a few very good players in.  You want to go to the NFL...play for someone that knows how to help you.

I agree that Cooper is a legit reason to come to USF, but saying Jenkins (or any other previous DB getting to the NFL) is a reason for him to come here is silly. Why the hell would Wilder care, or should he care, that we had a first round draft pick at his position 4 years and 3 staffs ago?

*sigh*  I'm saying if he's picking between us & Cincy, and his goal is the NFL, we have a better story to tell.  It's not that complicated. Don't forget Jerome Murphy & Raymond Mistral, and the 2 (and soon to be 3) that Cooper has helped get into the NFL.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

I remember when Jenkins stated as DC he sucked one on one got beat and was picked on.  That sure changed. with good coaching.  Obviously the coaching staff saw the potential and developed it.

and the rest is history.  Raw talent, work ethic, coaching, exposure all are required to make it to the NFL.  We have that at USF.  If one  recruite (Wilder) it doesn't take advantage of this situation someone else will.  I have complete faith in our ability to get our defense back at the national level.  Just not sure who  will be getting a bus ticket.

Go Bulls

The coaching staff that got fired before the coaching staff that was just fired? Exactly why Wilder doesn't care about Jenkins.

And what the hell is a DC? Jenkins ran our defense for a few years as coordinator and I didn't know?

It only takes one defensive player to loose a game.  Man to man match ups,,coaches look for the weak spots to take advatage.. A good quaterback can pick zone coverage apart.   I used DC  as  defensive corner.  Jenkens in the beginnig had penalties called on him or had covering problems.  That changed  with coaching and playing time.

If Wilder is not impressed by our coaching staff that his personal opinion and ok with me.  If he feels there are other shools that suit him beter i'm ok with that also.

Differences of opinion is why they have horse races.

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

*sigh*  I'm saying if he's picking between us & Cincy, and his goal is the NFL, we have a better story to tell.  It's not that complicated. Don't forget Jerome Murphy & Raymond Mistral, and the 2 (and soon to be 3) that Cooper has helped get into the NFL.

Complicated? I actually wrote "I agree that Cooper is a legit reason to come to USF." I think that would lead some to believe I didn't forget.

Story to tell? I don't even know what that means? Who ever got drafted based on their school's "story" and not talent? You think GMs are going to say, "I like that Wilder kid. Did he go to the same school as those other DBs that weren't in any way associated with the current coaching staff? He did! That's excellent, he's our pick!"

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Complicated? I actually wrote "I agree that Cooper is a legit reason to come to USF." I think that would lead some to believe I didn't forget.

Story to tell? I don't even know what that means? Who ever got drafted based on their school's "story" and not talent? You think GMs are going to say, "I like that Wilder kid. Did he go to the same school as those other DBs that weren't in any way associated with the current coaching staff? He did! That's excellent, he's our pick!"

You're missing the point, and I don't see good odds of making you understand, so I'll drop it.  Hope we get Wilder, but life goes on if not.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Jojo is suposed to choose tonight also  7:15 pm

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

If Wilder is not impressed by our coaching staff that his personal opinion and ok with me.

We are in his final two.  I doubt he has concerns about the coaching staff.