• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential new QB?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

Just read on ESPN that Stanford's junior backup QB and highly touted recruit from a few years ago has requested a transfer? Any chance this guy was recruited by Coach T?

Any chance he was recruited by Coach T, twice...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Hometown is CA. I highly doubt he'd want to play on the other side of the country.

Also, USF is not a good landing spot for transfers. These guys have to sit out a year. There is a good chance we'll have an established QB by the time a transfer could play. Transfers want to go somewhere that has a senior QB and no one behind him. That way they can compete to be the guy that replaces the guy, instead of competing against the guy that has already replaced the guy.

*Rare exception would be someone that could get a hardship waiver, but a CA player isn't getting a hardship waiver to move to FL.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

I saw his hometown was in CA and had the exact same thoughts, but it just seemed a little odd that it popped up as Caoch T was out pounding the pavement.

I mean this guy still has a bowl game to play in and he is one injury from being the QB in the Rose bowl. Just thought his announcement would come after the game unless he had some reason.

Totally just conspiracy theory I guess.

Edited by BullTiger

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Hometown is CA. I highly doubt he'd want to play on the other side of the country.

Also, USF is not a good landing spot for transfers. These guys have to sit out a year. There is a good chance we'll have an established QB by the time a transfer could play. Transfers want to go somewhere that has a senior QB and no one behind him. That way they can compete to be the guy that replaces the guy, instead of competing against the guy that has already replaced the guy.

*Rare exception would be someone that could get a hardship waiver, but a CA player isn't getting a hardship waiver to move to FL.

Maybe there are persoanl safety reasons that he needs to get as far away as possible. ;)

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,290
  • Days Won:  0

Darrell Scott came from other side county. It would be nice to have Back up qb.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Darrell Scott came from other side county. It would be nice to have Back up qb.

He was coming home, not running away from it.