• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If this is true I am beyond furious. Demand action now B4 it's too late.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

There is 2 types of TV deals going on right now.

Conference Networks - B1G and SEC - Both conferences will be starting a Network (Channel on TV) where the show their Tier 2&3 games on (along with bidding to local TV stations in Gainesville, Tuscaloosa and such) The Tier 1 games OSU/Michigan and LSU/Bama will be bid out to a network. In 2017 B1G will be taking theirs to companies and I think this is now when NBC jumps in on football. CBS will keep SEC. The money that will be made is from Tier 1 and then selling their channel to cable providers where its number of people in an area watching or not watching that channel (if their is enough to force it for watching fans of course). So the bigger the footprint the more money and why SEC is only looking at Virginia and NC schools instead of FSU and Miami, and why B1G is going after markets with teams like Maryland and Rutgers.

Network TV Deals - PAC 12, ACC, & Big 12 - This is where the conferences let a current network (ACC, Fox in this instance) deal with broadcasts and the rights to Tiers are sold to games, this is where viewership drives the market price and Big games weekly on alot of Tiers need held, so you want people to watch the game across the country. ACC has sold all 3 Tiers to ESPN for broadcast, in which their deal is 15 years for $15-17 mil a year. This means big games on ESPN1&2/ABC with all the other games on ESPNU or ESPN3. PAC/Big 12 has really about the same type of deal. Big 12 deal has ESPN/Fox spliting Tier 1&2 games with the schools then holding on to Tier 3 rights. ESPN owns Texas Tier 3 rights Longhorn Network, Fox is buying up most of the others, and right now WVU has and continues to own its own with its network (currently being bid to see if this should still remain) .

The Big 12 in order to expand needs additional money for each of the 10 schools currently in the conference therefore raising its revenues to add other teams Therefore with say adding UL and USF the conference needs an additional $100 million a year, ($40m to UL and USF, then $5m additional to 12 members, thus making it worth $25m a year with conference championship) The question is would adding UL and USF really do that for the Big 12? I dont think it does unless ESPN is willing to get those teams out of BE if ACC takes UConn.

I like the Big 12 at 10, but I also think its delusional to stay there and that is why without FSU, Miami they dont expand. I dont like the LHN, and think its part of the problem because honestly Texas and LHN is more for the Conference Network setup or with ESPN and thats why I think if ACC secures the Big 12 will be next to go. Do I think Big 12 collapses tomorrow, no, with the Grant of Rights being signed for 12 years I think this happens in 5-7 years from now and depends on LHN financially. Thats why I dont think Big 12 expands because if you would add someone like UL and USF then it would make it harder to get more teams in a conference later to "blowup" Big 12.

Edited by jvwvu

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

when you think pac 10 accepted colorado that hasnt been good in10 years

there maybe hope for usf getting in acc somehow

• Downvote 1

You are a fool if you did not think we were on the cusp of being big time football. By big time football I mean considered by the country as a respected feared opponent. A team ready to get in and stay in the top 25. It does not mean we are going undefeated but trust me if we had gotten into a BCS game some local talent would have changed their mind about coming to usf. I never thought we were a top 10 school or anywhere close but there is huge difference in recruiting when your living in the top 25. I understand we did not have the roster to stay there at the time but they did everything they could to pave the way for future players to keep us there.

we were always on the cusp but we never had the coaches to recruit the great talent

• Downvote 1

If the ACC takes UL, UC, and UConn and signs a GOR then USF is in a much better position to get in the B12. They are not going to stay at 10 forever and if FSU and Miami get trapped in the ACC, USF could end up with a better TV deal than both of them.

usf going in big 12 would be ridiculous but i guess it is better than staying in big east

we will be bad for another 10 years in the big 12

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I have already resigned USF to playing in a violation conference. That way, if we end up in the ACC or Big 12 (which we won't), I will be surpised and pleased.

But seriously, we have nothing to offer being moved up so we are stuck.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

I have already resigned USF to playing in a violation conference. That way, if we end up in the ACC or Big 12 (which we won't), I will be surpised and pleased.

+1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

USF appears to be to worried about adding great and powerful programs such as Tulane to CUSA 5.0 to have time to worry about getting USF out of BE.

Judy and crew appear ecstatic with these moves.

Meanwhile, uc, ul and ucon are working overdrive to get out of BE. OVERDRIVE. Someone from Cincy took the time to leak what they are doing to ESPN.

Why do we never hear a peep out of USF. Do they even care. Are they content to be relegated to Sun Belt playing in front of 8,000 fans never to be heard from again.

NOTE TO USF: USF DESERVES TO BE IN ACC/B12 EVERY BIT AS MUCH AS UC, UL AND UCON. MAKE IT HAPPEN. YES IT CAN BE DONE.

USF needs to work on this 50 hours a day for the next 50 years if possible. It's that important.

Quit adding Tulane's to the Big Least and get us out of here.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

:applause:

Well said, but unfortunately USF is run by morons... not a single actual USF grad among them. Its hard for a group to care as much about a school like we do if they have never attended it as an undergrad.

UF's admin is full of UF lifers... USF's admin is full of DeVry graduates.

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

we bring a tv market mainly - it doesn't matter that we aren't the favorite team in that market (see Maryland)

that is what all this latest movement is about first and foremost

as for calling USF admins morons and Devry graduates because someone who knows NOTHING perceives them as doing nothing-- that is simply ridiculous.

Ask yourselves this-- did you hear anything about USF campaigning to get into the BE prior to them getting an invite? I know I didn't even during the time that all the other teams were rumored to be going there and UCF was beating their media drum like a circus monkey. If anything-- they handle this stuff with professionalism and tact.

So what if USF applauds new members like Tulane entering the BE. It is the right response to the action under our current situation. That doesn't mean we aren't heading to a new conference ourselves.

basically-- we need to be patient. Most of us are being patient-- save for the handful of usual suspects on this forum who overreact to every ripple in the pond as if that is the end to USF's future in sports. How many waves of conference shakeups do you need to witness before you get that the situation is extremely fluid at the moment? Even if we miss this wave-- there will be more as every conference continues to expand toward the magic number of 16.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

MikeG, you can say it all you want, they're not going to pay attention. It's easier to blame our administration. They forget, this is the same admin that got us into the Big East and improved facilities. They also forget that USF doesn't do anything through the media. They assume because they haven't read it on the blogosphere that USF is not trying to improve our situation.

• Upvote 1