• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doug Woolard Sent USF Athletics Into A Death Spiral...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Woolard hired Stan Heath. He (obviously, not personally) upgraded the Sun Dome, built new baseball and softball stadiums, new golf training facility, new basketball training facility, made the deal with UA, made the deal with Apple for laptops for the student-athletes.

Yeah, he hasn't moved us forward. [/sarcasm]

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I just get the feel the DW isn't liked within the department.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

By what's posted on here or do you have other sources?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Woolard hired Stan Heath. He (obviously, not personally) upgraded the Sun Dome, built new baseball and softball stadiums, new golf training facility, new basketball training facility, made the deal with UA, made the deal with Apple for laptops for the student-athletes.

Yeah, he hasn't moved us forward. [/sarcasm]

I should have Heath in there because it was a good hire.

All the new facilites may be for naught. Let's hope that isn't the case.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

3+ years and Pete/Mizzou can still tear this fanbase apart at it's core...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,074
  • Days Won:  469

A "media member" fired from local outlet for his questionable activity.

He was fired for his questionable activity? I thought the dying media outlet that is the Tampa Tribune was just looking to save money. Who is covering USF athletics for them now?

Adam Atkins covered USF after him, if you're trying to insinuate his termination was a result of downsizing.

Not sure that I was trying to insinuate, it was a fairly direct statement. I don't recall then, nor can I quickly find now any formal letter of apology or recantement of any of the news pieces the Tribune published by Brett McMurphy. If he was truly terminated because they felt he reporting was unethical I would expect some statement (maybe it is there, I didn't follow this story that closely). As I recall they replaced a 20 year veteran with someone pretty much directly out of college and then quickly after that replaced him with "staff reporters". It seemed obvious the move was more a result of the general trend a the Tampa Tribune to reduce staff to work within the smaller budgets.

You can believe whatever you'd like.

By what's posted on here or do you have other sources?

no other sources

A "media member" fired from local outlet for his questionable activity.

He was fired for his questionable activity? I thought the dying media outlet that is the Tampa Tribune was just looking to save money. Who is covering USF athletics for them now?

Adam Atkins covered USF after him, if you're trying to insinuate his termination was a result of downsizing.

Not sure that I was trying to insinuate, it was a fairly direct statement. I don't recall then, nor can I quickly find now any formal letter of apology or recantement of any of the news pieces the Tribune published by Brett McMurphy. If he was truly terminated because they felt he reporting was unethical I would expect some statement (maybe it is there, I didn't follow this story that closely). As I recall they replaced a 20 year veteran with someone pretty much directly out of college and then quickly after that replaced him with "staff reporters". It seemed obvious the move was more a result of the general trend a the Tampa Tribune to reduce staff to work within the smaller budgets.

You can believe whatever you'd like.

do we have any proof in either direction?

His career has really taken off since being fired or laid off from the USF beat.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I would rather have crappy facilities and winning teams.

Does not exist

Not true - Miami did it for years before they shot themselves in the foot and joined the ACC.

About Doug, I agree that he has done some stupid stuff by giving Holtz a contract extension, and is not an honest guy since he is apparently doing some tom-foolery behind the scenes with contracts, including his own.

Over all I give him a "C" and he only gets a "C" because of the new facility upgrades alone.

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

3+ years and Pete/Mizzou can still tear this fanbase apart at it's core...

Uh...I didn't give no one no steenking contract extention and I haven't had a single losing season as the football coach, so don't blame me for the Bulls' bad, bad situation.