• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A Few Thoughts About what Doug Wollard will do...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

If all of the new rumored changes occur and the NBE is left without Rutgers, UConn and maybe Cincy, does Doug just throw in the towel and keep Skip because of our financial obligations?

He'll know there are no more seats at the 'big boy conference' table. He'll know season ticket sales and some fan interest for football will suffer.

However, I'm thinking if the realignment scenario comes to pass, the only thing that will build any kind of fan interest OR momentum will be to fire Skip and completely start over.

I guess the question is, do we have the cash to buy Skip out and does DW have the balls to make a real change?

Edited by BaltoBull

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,088
  • Days Won:  39

I imagine they will do nothing which is the current MO.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Doug is going down with this ship and will ride it out until both of them are forced out by admin. So, give it 4-5 more years.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

1. I'm numb to all this at this point. That goes to our performance on field and conference realignment. Football has stopped being fun for me.

2. Having said that, so long as the Little 5 champ still gets to have guaranteed access to one of the 6 upper tier bowls, maybe it's a good thing that Rutgers, UConn, and Cincy leave. It'll make it easier for us (once Skip is long gone) to actually win the conference and make one of those big bowls.

3. The really really bad thing will be Rutgers, UConn, and Cincy leaving, Skip staying, and us losing to and watching UCF go to one of those bowls. It will happen. Wait and see.