• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Have players meet with Woolard?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

This would have to go into decision making.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

Are you serious?

The AD hires the Coach to run the Players.

Don't like the coach...nothing is stopping you from transferring.

Am I to understand that players - who seem to be baffled by how the driver's license process works -

would hold sway over people with people whose fingers are on the millions-of-dollars-triggers?

Make no mistake. We're not talking Heisman hopefuls or first round draft picks here. We're talking

the guys who didn't get an invite to The Big Three.

No...players opinions of the coach/AD do not factor into decision making at Also Ran University.

I think we have the talent to win every game.

could very well be.

But there's still a chain of command.

Corporals may be at the pointy end of the bayonet, but they don't have the General's ear.

Yet they were instrumental in Leavitt leaving.

Multiple players saw two different events.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Players are 80% of the problem! You don't loose to teams like Ball State because of coaching or schemes. You loose to teams like Ball State because you have no heart and no effort.

Skip Holtz is here next year, guranteed. But he should be fired. It is his job to identify leadership on the team and hold players accountable. But it isn't like we haven't had decent coaching. The FSU game scheme was brilliant. I am not even convinced our defense scheme is that bad. After watching or CBs in press coverage last night, as unappealing as playing 8 yards off the ball may sound, it might be our best option!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  0

Players are 80% of the problem! You don't loose to teams like Ball State because of coaching or schemes. You loose to teams like Ball State because you have no heart and no effort.

Skip Holtz is here next year, guranteed. But he should be fired. It is his job to identify leadership on the team and hold players accountable. But it isn't like we haven't had decent coaching. The FSU game scheme was brilliant. I am not even convinced our defense scheme is that bad. After watching or CBs in press coverage last night, as unappealing as playing 8 yards off the ball may sound, it might be our best option!

Wrong, schemes that don't play to your team's strengths or make any sort of logical sense can absolutely make you lose to teams like Ball State. Players are a problem, but my god coaching is a bigger one right now.

Yet they were instrumental in Leavitt leaving.

Multiple players saw two different events.

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure there's a couple of miles distance between slap/hit/choke/touch and "I feel unhappy".

Oh, and when the AD is on the Coach's side...well, the deck is stacked. Like I said, don't like playing here?

I hear Valdosta State and New Haven have nice programs. Easier to change a player than a coach. :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Wrong, schemes that don't play to your team's strengths or make any sort of logical sense can absolutely make you lose to teams like Ball State. Players are a problem, but my god coaching is a bigger one right now.

You saw George Baker last night, right? You saw the rest of the defensive secondary throughout the second half? That was 100% scheme that kept us in that game. There is no strength you can play to on that... ask the CBs to press and we get interference all after interference call. Ask them to play back and you watch the opposing team go up and down the field, 8 yards at a time. There isn't a scheme to correct that. It goes back to recruiting and talent development (both of which fall to coaching staff). I honestly think we are all just grossly mistaken on how good of a team we have. THe future is bright, the talent coming in looks much better. But clearly our 2007 - 2009 recruiting classes have missed the mark.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

You saw George Baker last night, right? You saw the rest of the defensive secondary throughout the second half? That was 100% scheme that kept us in that game. There is no strength you can play to on that... ask the CBs to press and we get interference all after interference call. Ask them to play back and you watch the opposing team go up and down the field, 8 yards at a time. There isn't a scheme to correct that. It goes back to recruiting and talent development (both of which fall to coaching staff). I honestly think we are all just grossly mistaken on how good of a team we have. THe future is bright, the talent coming in looks much better. But clearly our 2007 - 2009 recruiting classes have missed the mark.

Agreed