• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Herd of Thunder

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

The H.O.T. puts everyone to sleep.

The artsy programs are just terrible.......just terrible.  

The CVPA is in some of  the oldest bldgs on campus. Parts of the band room have rain coming through the roof. If you really give a **** about how YOUR band sounds, quit your ******** and start a collection.      

-Mutt     BFA

College of Education

Alumni Society Board

::goodbye::

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

If FAMU can make it, you'll have one hell of a show.

UCF is going is all but a certainty.  They are starting to schedule things now since CUSA's schedule is out.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  157

The band does indeed need some help. I know for a fact that everyone of the spirit programs needs more money.  I know the cheerleaders only recieve 200 dollors year whether your a freshman or senior.  And they are a year round sport.  They attend football basket ball and vollyball.  Not to mention they compete in orlando every year (Which our all girl team Placed 4TH in the nation).  I also talked to a cheerleader from UCF and they told me that the Varsity cheerleaders recieve 1000 dollers per semester.  

Over all there needs to be more funding accross the board and not just for the football team.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

I cannot put my support behind things that remind me of Marshall. Marshall is the epitome of evil.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  157

I saw you in Antonios a couple times.  Im the one with glasses.  Other than that were all about the same

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

I will say this.

Having spent the weekend in Nashville, having observed no fewer than eight pep bands, I can conclude that I am far too harsh on the Herd of Thunder.

Frankly, compared to Ohio's, all the other bands are bland, boring, and play the SAME SONGS. THEY ALL PLAY THE SAME SONGS. And they don't have their music memorized, music pages flapping around and ****. What the hell is up with that?

I was taking my Ohio 110 for granted. The HOT aren't any worse than Florida or New Mexico's bands.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Interesting NCAA tournament band note, courtesy of CollegeRPI.com:

- Bucknell is on spring break, and as a result, could not gather its band together to play at the tournament in Oklahoma City. So they "borrowed" the Northern Iowa band. Bucknell sent them sheet music and T-shirts and they filled in. No word whether or not the real Bucknell band will appear for the Wisconsin game tomorrow, or whose band will pinch hit if they don't.

- Bucknell, which had borrowed Northern Iowa's band for its game with Kansas, borrowed the Oklahoma St band this time. The OSU crowd followed suit. After all, they were already wearing orange.