• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chairman of Board of Trustees Knows We're In Trouble

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

I see where you're going with all this while making an outrageous statement that no top flight coach would want to come here. I'll say this:

• Why keep arguing Leavitt, it's over and in the past.
  • Doug Woolard has shown that he would go all out for a top flight coach with what he has done for Holtz & staff and I'm sure we would stretch it farther if necessary.
  • The point on bringing up those other programs is 1) with the right coaches they have achieved without even our level of recruiting and 2) with even that level of success (winning in our conference) our recruiting would be even better. If your definition of competing in the state is what we did with the 2009 class, we could easily meet that or do better with success in our conference because of our good fortune to be in the great city of Tampa. From there it would build on itself if performance continued to get better as the recruiting classes got even better.

Based on that we have every reason to believe the next up and coming Brian Kelly, Mark Dantonio, etc. or floating established coach would seriously consider USF. The weather, new facilities, growing campus, investment in the program (athletics is a priority), etc. is all icing on the cake.

Half joking, if it comes down to dropping the current staff we should consider outsourcing our next coach selection to Cinci with the success they have had.

The failure of Hotz is not USF's biggest problem...Doug Woolard is.

See my post above about Cincinnati. Brian Kelly inherited a bowl bound team and then took the first train out of town.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431

I see where you're going with all this while making an outrageous statement that no top flight coach would want to come here. I'll say this:

• Doug Woolard has shown that he would go all out for a top flight coach with what he has done for Holtz & staff and I'm sure we would stretch it farther if necessary.
  • The point on bringing up those other programs is 1) with the right coaches they have achieved without even our level of recruiting and 2) with even that level of success (winning in our conference) our recruiting would be even better. If your definition of competing in the state is what we did with the 2009 class, we could easily meet that or do better with success in our conference because of our good fortune to be in the great city of Tampa. From there it would build on itself if performance continued to get better as the recruiting classes got even better.

Based on that we have every reason to believe the next up and coming Brian Kelly, Mark Dantonio, etc. or floating established coach would seriously consider USF. The weather, new facilities, growing campus, investment in the program (athletics is a priority), etc. is all icing on the cake.

Half joking, if it comes down to dropping the current staff we should consider outsourcing our next coach selection to Cinci with the success they have had.

See my post above about Cincinnati. Brian Kelly inherited a bowl bound team and then took the first train out of town.

If that's your rebuttal all I can say, and I think many on here would agree, you have little basis for your arguments.

If that's your rebuttal all I can say, and I think many on here would agree, you have little basis for your arguments.

What is the national perception of USF Football right now?

Can you answer that question?

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

PP you speak as if there is no fluidity amongst teams at the top. Schools can and do rise from mediocrity and they do it with mid-level talent that is coached up better than the opposition,

Really?

Since it happens all the time, list a few of them. Would you consider Ball State or Temple on that list?

didn't say 'all the time', said it happens. Bowden at FSU, Snyder at K-State, Kelly at Oregon. get the picture?

I think we would both agree it's in the tank. Where I think we differ is on what it would take to change it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just as upset about it as you. I just don't think it's as dire a situation as current emotions in the thick of the situation might indicate. With that said, if Holtz can't pull this season out I am all for ousting him with full confidence that one of the options out there (we may not pick the right one) has the potential to carry us to success in the Big East, resulting in top 25 recruiting classes and the potential for sustained success.

I think we would both agree it's in the tank. Where I think we differ is on what it would take to change it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just as upset about it as you. I just don't think it's as dire a situation as current emotions in the thick of the situation might indicate. With that said, if Holtz can't pull this season out I am all for ousting him with full confidence that one of the options out there (we may not pick the right one) has the potential to carry us to success in the Big East, resulting in top 25 recruiting classes and the potential for sustained success.

None of that will change the perception of USF Football nationally or with recruits in Florida for at least the next 3 or 4 years. It's simply a stain that will take years of the right treatment to get out. The question is, will Doug Woolard choose the right treatment or will he make another bad choice?

PP you speak as if there is no fluidity amongst teams at the top. Schools can and do rise from mediocrity and they do it with mid-level talent that is coached up better than the opposition,

Really?

Since it happens all the time, list a few of them. Would you consider Ball State or Temple on that list?

didn't say 'all the time', said it happens. Bowden at FSU, Snyder at K-State, Kelly at Oregon. get the picture?

There is simply no comparison to those schools, those coaches and there particular circumstances to USF. Interestingly the turnaround at K-State and the miracle at USF did have one thing in common. Do you know what it was?

None of that will change the perception of USF Football nationally or with recruits in Florida for at least the next 3 or 4 years. It's simply a stain that will take years of the right treatment to get out. The question is, will Doug Woolard choose the right treatment or will he make another bad choice?

Yep and time will tell. As a fan even those years on the way back up can be exciting. Here's to seeing them sooner than later because we know USF has the potential.

Yep and time will tell. As a fan even those years on the way back up can be exciting. Here's to seeing them sooner than later because we know USF has the potential.

Good luck finding a coach that wants to work that hard for a half an idiotic fan base and stick around if he does find success.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Summarize for me. Is USF good or bad? Something something Ohio?

He doesn't have a position, he just likes arguing with everyone.

He does have a position and some not familiar with his history may not be aware. PP has some kind of ties to Leavitt. He hates all things USF because he thinks they railroaded Leavitt out of town. Just remember that when arguing with him and it makes more sense.