• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Davis posting prompted this thought

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Why do we keeping throwing out coach's to come here?? Skip is staying put - for now

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  208

I was under the impression that he was getting a ridiculous sum of money from UNC still, and the reason he took a non-coaching position with the Bucs was so he could keep getting those checks.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936

I was under the impression that he was getting a ridiculous sum of money from UNC still, and the reason he took a non-coaching position with the Bucs was so he could keep getting those checks.

Yes he is some sort of consultant so he can keep getting money from unc

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  370
  • Days Won:  0

Here we go again with a guy that makes sense if you want someone who is ready to walk away at the drop of a $

Here we go again with a guy that makes sense if you want someone who is ready to walk away at the drop of a $

I think the majority of people would leave one job for another if there was a raise involved. Skip would leave if offered more money somewhere else

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

look-- if we are going to even think about these damaged goods type of coaches-- guys with baggage or bad reputations of some sort-- for the love of god, can we low ball the crap out of them and try no to back the money truck up to their house?

Negotiate a results based contract with a decent base salary. IF they somehow win the Big East- (please stop laughing) -- give them a nice bonus. If they end the season ranked in the top 25-- nice bonus.. 7 wins, etc etc etc

also spell out what actions will reduce bonuses or result in immediate termination (NCAA violations, player problems)

have a great set of incentives and structure-- lots of safeguards

getting someone to agree to those terms might be tough-- but you would establish a good starting point in negotiations

Great except thatt Doug gets a matching bonus for every head coach

I think the majority of people would leave one job for another if there was a raise involved. Skip would leave if offered more money somewhere else

Funny because CJL didn't...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  208

More importantly in the case of Davis, he doesn't know how to run a clean program to save his life. Leaving for a better job is one thing. Leaving a program in smoldering ruins is another.

He started the program from nothing, so he had his entire heart invested in this program. Every coach from now on sees it as a paycheck first

He started the program from nothing, so he had his entire heart invested in this program. Every coach from now on sees it as a paycheck first

Just sayin'