• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My impression..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

Fsu was not at the top of its game tonight, and became sorta one-dimensional after they went up 30-10. I'm sure they could've scored another TD at the end if they had needed one. GB!

Edited by BleacherBull

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  1

Don't kid yourselves, if FSU was in the SEC they wouldn't even be in the BCS discussion.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432

Don't kid yourselves, if FSU was in the SEC they wouldn't even be in the BCS discussion.

I'm gonna agree with this statement. FSU is in a very weak ACC this year and has the easiest road to getting into that national title game. I wasn't very impressed with them, and keep in mind, they haven't really been challenged till last week against Clemson and this was their FIRST road game. They are not as superior as everyone makes them out to be and their offense only made it into the endzone twice against us... we did the same. Anyone who is saying they took it easy last night because it was USF is giving them too much credit. They wanted that win as much as we did and they got it because they're a better team. Are they good enough to win a national title... not from what I've seen.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  12

This game went exactly as i thought it would. Anyone who thought FSU was gonna come in and destroy USF just does not know college football. FSU played a huge emotional game last week and came out flat, plus the USF players were way more pumped up for this game then the FSU players. FSU played very basic on offense running only a few different looks, nothing like they ran against clemson. It was as if they were just gonna do enough to get the win, which i dont like when teams do that cause it can bite you in the butt.

The BCS formula weighs strength of schedule and margin of victory heavily. Something Fisher as a former LSU Coach and Saban disciple is very aware of. FSU is intimately aware that they could be left out of the BCS even after an undefeated season due to their cupcake schedule and the ACC's dismal performance in the BCS era.

You are naive if you think FSU didn't have every intent of dropping 50 on us. Their National Title hopes hung in the balance. I can assure you that there wasn't a strategic vanilla game plan on their part.

Edited by wiltznucs

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

They won by two TDs. It would have been 3 if their RB didn't take a knee running free in the secondary on his way to a TD.

They won pretty easily if you ask me.

They won by two TDs. It would have been 3 if their RB didn't take a knee running free in the secondary on his way to a TD.

They won pretty easily if you ask me.

I'm not debating the fact, I'm simply noting that it could be argued that they laid an egg against a team that may not finish at .500.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Not really sure where they laid an egg. That game was never in jeopardy. They didn't make any huge mistakes. It just wasn't a blow out before the first half was over.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  15

Honestly FSU played as conservative of a game as I've seen from Jimbo Fisher an still won the game pretty handily. We had 420+ yards of offense, a missed FG and a long TD negated by a hold and could have score again at the end if Thompson doesn't sit take a knee. The FSU defense held USF to a 268 yards of total offense with USF scoring only on a 8 yard drive (after the blocked punt) and a garbage TD at the end when the game was in hand. FSU had the most vanilla play calling in that second half that I've seen this year. Not many designed runs for Manuel, and a bunch of stretch runs to chew up clock. That's what most FSU fans are upset about, the fact that we could have easily done more and held back. Look at last week's Clemson game to see what FSU actually does when opening up the playbook. FSU is easily a National Title contender. However USF played with great emotion and and really fought hard (especially cutting it 13-10 at one point. Props to the USF fan base for creating a fun atmosphere last night. I'll be rooting for the Bulls' the rest of the season for sure.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

We're not a good FB team right now.... FSU showed restraint last night