• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big Weekend for USF, more than just the FSU game.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Tonight, officially Chucky Atkins, Jessica Dickson and Lee Roy Selmon will be inuducted into the USF Athletics Hall of Fame.

Chucky was my age. I had a class with him, something like "Geography of Current Events." He was the best player on one of our best USF MBB teams, and sadly he was also the best player on one of the worst. The crazy thing is that those were consecutive years. He scored at will, was lethal from behind the arc, could drive and finish or dish. Far and away the most decorated Bull when it comes to NBA play.

Jessica lead the USF WBB team to it's only trip to the dance. She took over games in the second half and scored more points than any other USF basketball player ever has (man or woman).

Lee Roy Selmon, I often wonder how redundant his induction is. Not because it isn't deserved, but because the physical USF Hall of Fame is located inside the Lee Roy Selmon Athletic Center. Every story you ever heard about him was true and yet also incomplete. He was so much more than any one memory, he was the perfect sum of all those memories and stories people like to share. It is a shame that future Bulls will only know him as the name on the building. He was so much more than that.

USF will honor these three again tomorrow, but officially tonight they are the Hall of Fame induction class of 2012.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  425
  • Days Won:  0

Chucky!!! I had a class with him as well. He was a great baller and definitely deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. Didn't USF beat FSU in the Sun Dome in overtime with Chucky? Maybe he'll bring some of that magic to Ray Jay tomorrow...

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

LRS... All the way