• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Negativity on this board....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

lol

What? I said 9-4 was closer than 5-7. I agreed with you.

Good thing your name is not kingkongreadingcomprehension.

Ha.

Sanjay....dude I can't believe you smoke that Skip and Fitch garbage. Yeah they made Chris Johnson @ ECU, but he got me 2 fantasy points this week (and 4 last week). What a joke. Not quite a molder of madd NFL talent. At least Jim Leavitt produced Mike Jenkins, JPP and a sick nasty 49ers Defense!

It's cool. I made this name when I was a drunk idiot in college 4 years ago. I've been to all the away games and am a huge Bulls supporter, but i get pissed when it looks like we are taking a step back.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

9-4 is closer than 5-7. 8-5 is closer than 5-7.

We are a long way from that and we were alot closer under Jim Leavitt with Matt Grothe.

You have got to be kidding. We weren't closer at all under Jim Leavitt and Matt Grothe. If you really believe that, you have a lot to learn about football.

Dude, beating Auburn and being ranked # 2 in the nation sounds alot better than whats going on now. Just saying...

Yeah, because we were still ranked #2 at the end of that season.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

9-4 is closer than 5-7. 8-5 is closer than 5-7.

We are a long way from that and we were alot closer under Jim Leavitt with Matt Grothe.

You have got to be kidding. We weren't closer at all under Jim Leavitt and Matt Grothe. If you really believe that, you have a lot to learn about football.

Dude, beating Auburn and being ranked # 2 in the nation sounds alot better than whats going on now. Just saying...

Yeah, because we were still ranked #2 at the end of that season.

Its not about how you finish. It's about the hype we got, the parties, the bowl game in El Paso, the FSU chicks that we took advantage of. College football is all about the moment. Realise it!

Edited by kingkongballs827

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

If it makes you feel better, we are unlikely to be, at any point in the season, or finish at #2 anytime in the near future.

Also, data, check and see if Lou would consider coming back as noted in your sig because I think he'd do ok.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Unless you (whomever) personally have the ear of Woolard, or Judy Genshaft, or are a MAJOR donor, being negative on the boards does absolutely nothing but perhaps get the steam out. I am not saying that we shouldn't be upset at the play calling or the execution of the players. We should be upset. But we can't call for a coach's head or badmouth anyone by calling them names after just a few seasons. EVEN if we think the talent is there. We are not experts on that particular coach or player. We do not know about the decision making that goes on in their head come crunch time. We are ARMCHAIR QB's and Coaches. My opinion on this is that I will wait for the season to be over and to see the collective works of a team before I condemn or applaud their efforts on the season.

It is rare if any team goes undefeated throughout the season. It happens to maybe 1 or 2 teams a year out of ALL the teams playing. Right now we are 2-1... What would you say if the players and coaches execute a better game next game, and the game after that, etc... You all think it is very easy to guess what your opponent does and to be able to counter his moves with the right moves of your own. It isn't in ANY sport. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. You have to wait to see how the team reacts after the losses and THEN you can be truely upset.

I think we all got spoiled by the media at how quickly USF football achieved success in their first winning game, first winning season, first bowl win, etc. I think we have to look at it realistically, the season isn't over yet, and there is a LOT of football left.

Since when are Genshaft and Woolard experts on football coaches?

We can see the results of what goes on in the coaches heads, and right now we are 0-1 where it matters..in the Big East. In BE play under Skip, the Bulls are 4-11 overall; 1 -7 at home; 3-4 on the road; have lost the last 6 home games. Yet... Mr Woolard rewards Mr Holtz with a contract extension, with a raise for this pizz-poor-performance.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Those records make me sick. Leavitt = Jesus to the USF Program

Leavitt's house-of-cards was collapsing in the BE. He was 5 and 9 in his last 2 years,

• Upvote 1

Not that 5-9 was near acceptable, but the current occupant of the head coaching position would need to finish 4-2 in conference to meet even that mediocre standard between this year and last year.

Those records make me sick. Leavitt = Jesus to the USF Program

Leavitt's house-of-cards was collapsing in the BE. He was 5 and 9 in his last 2 years,

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I agree with you. However, the minute you mention 2007 or the #2 ranking around here people jump down your throat about how it was undeserved and we were overrated. A lot of the fan base, and maybe it's not unique to ours, loves to tear down or diminish even those things which have been accomplished.

I personally think it's to degrade the past to make the present appear not so bad.

Conversely, there are those in the fan base that revise and restate the past to try to make the past look better than the present. Kingkongballs is a prime example. I'm sure it's not unique to us, though, I would think that most fan bases that are going through trying times have such an element.

Edited by GaUSFBull

That's a fair point. However, by the numbers (wins, wins in conference, rankings, attendance) it was worse last year. That doesn't address whose fault it is, just it was worse. We will see what happens at the end of this year. As for the subjective I think the quality of team I see on the field is worse, and is generally boring football in all 3 aspects of the game. However, I concede that is all subjective and others may disagree.

I agree with you. However, the minute you mention 2007 or the #2 ranking around here people jump down your throat about how it was undeserved and we were overrated. A lot of the fan base, and maybe it's not unique to ours, loves to tear down or diminish even those things which have been accomplished.

I personally think it's to degrade the past to make the present appear not so bad.

Conversely, there are those in the fan base that revise and restate the past to try to make the past look better than the present. Kingkongballs is a prime example. I'm sure it's not unique to us, though, I would think that most fan bases that are going through trying times have such an element.

• Upvote 1