• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Re-Visiting the OCS Discussion

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

Colorado State is asking for a 42k-seat, $250m stadium. To be financed with 125m in gifts and 125m in debt

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_21673355/new-colorado-state-stadium-gets-ok-needs-125

Edited by hm101

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I will never understand why people give a crap about where the stadium your team plays in is located. It is SIX or SEVEN times a year people.

other than that it just sits there taking up space and costing money to maintain. I don't buy a boat to go out on the water 6 times a year-- I would charter one or rent one because I CAN. Gainesville had no choice. Plenty of schools had no choice but to make theor own stadium happen. The ones in cities with NFL teams take advantage of the situation. Foolish not too.

Next time you go on a trip-- buy the house--- I mean, you might be there 6 -10 days. And you can always come back next year.

all this talk about strolling through campus is just asinine - will you sign my yearbook? see you at the sock hop. Grow up people

Less students will go to the NFL stadium as opposed to walking over to the OCS, unless the team is in the top25. That is a few thousand.

I would be interested to see how many people/alumni/fans live within 5 miles of the stadium, as opposed to 5 miles of USF.

RJS is just not USF's stadium. If we had USF endzones and center for every game no matter what, the seats were green, white, or something not red, there wasnt Bucs stuff everywhere, no Pirate ship, etc I wouldnt have a problem with it.

It is like if you didnt have a house and you had to stay at your friend's house. You just want to get a place of your own. It isnt your house, even though it is your friend, and you have to live by his rules. Your new apartment may not be as nice as his big house, but it is still yours.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

I will never understand why people give a crap about where the stadium your team plays in is located. It is SIX or SEVEN times a year people.

other than that it just sits there taking up space and costing money to maintain. I don't buy a boat to go out on the water 6 times a year-- I would charter one or rent one because I CAN. Gainesville had no choice. Plenty of schools had no choice but to make theor own stadium happen. The ones in cities with NFL teams take advantage of the situation. Foolish not too.

Next time you go on a trip-- buy the house--- I mean, you might be there 6 -10 days. And you can always come back next year.

all this talk about strolling through campus is just asinine - will you sign my yearbook? see you at the sock hop. Grow up people

Less students will go to the NFL stadium as opposed to walking over to the OCS, unless the team is in the top25. That is a few thousand.

I would be interested to see how many people/alumni/fans live within 5 miles of the stadium, as opposed to 5 miles of USF.

RJS is just not USF's stadium. If we had USF endzones and center for every game no matter what, the seats were green, white, or something not red, there wasnt Bucs stuff everywhere, no Pirate ship, etc I wouldnt have a problem with it.

It is like if you didnt have a house and you had to stay at your friend's house. You just want to get a place of your own. It isnt your house, even though it is your friend, and you have to live by his rules. Your new apartment may not be as nice as his big house, but it is still yours.

you are staying at your friends house for a week and they are able to let you stay but you decide to get an apartment? whatever

you are staying at your friends house for a week and they are able to let you stay but you decide to get an apartment? whatever

I am staying at my friend's house through 2016 now.

My example was if you were homeless(kicked out by wife, foreclosed home, whatever). Not just staying at a friend's house for a week lol.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

My example was if you were homeless(kicked out by wife, foreclosed home, whatever). Not just staying at a friend's house for a week lol.

you cannot seem to understand that the football team really only needs to use a stadium 6 or 7 times a year. That is days-- a week -- not years--- not "through 2016"

why is this so hard to understand how incredibly good the deal we have available to us is for this program? Screw the concession money and the parking--- we are making a ton from donations and ticket sales without the headache of managing a property on our campus that takes up space. Did you also know that the land USF is built on is leased (99 year lease from the state)? Every try to build on leased property? No bank will give you a loan for less than 50% down.

I swore to myself I would stop responding to these dumb OCS threads which are usually started by uninformed and financial/business sense inept people. got me again.

good luck with your BS thread -- out

you cannot seem to understand that the football team really only needs to use a stadium 6 or 7 times a year. That is days-- a week -- not years--- not "through 2016"

why is this so hard to understand how incredibly good the deal we have available to us is for this program? Screw the concession money and the parking--- we are making a ton from donations and ticket sales without the headache of managing a property on our campus that takes up space. Did you also know that the land USF is built on is leased (99 year lease from the state)? Every try to build on leased property? No bank will give you a loan for less than 50% down.

I swore to myself I would stop responding to these dumb OCS threads which are usually started by uninformed and financial/business sense inept people. got me again.

calm down.

Never said RJS wasnt good from a financial standpoint or that we werent fortunate to play there and not some rinky dink stadium. Doesnt mean I wouldnt still prefer an OCS. Didnt say it made more sense for us to rush into one.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233

You think that it would be wise for USF to spend Millions on a stadium when we have a fan base that "sells out" the biggest home game in school history? Look at how many Noles fans were in the Ray Jay Sat, look at how many USF fans sold out?

We only have about 23,000 season ticket holders(counting those FSU fans who bought season tickets this year). How many of those 23,000 will pay a seat deposit on top of the annual dontaion on top of the price of the season ticket?

You want to put the burden on the students in athletic fees?

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

The world according to MikeG.

So which university did you attend that had an OCS?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah...About 500 colleges and universities across the nation have an OCS while only 3 or 4 do not. I guess the rest of the nation is simply not as smart as Judy and Doug.

Edited by Plantation Pete

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233

We could build one tomorrow if we wanted one like UCF's, But our fan base wont allow for such a stadium. No reason to have this conversation while we have Ray Jay in our back yard or unless a HUGE donor comes forward to cover most of the cost.

UCF needed something , the Citrus bowl was collapsing around them, Its still a chit hole. Look at UCF's stadium, Who wants that?