• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

when usf scored the last td

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Slick- i can tell you that Skip Holtz pays ZERO attention to outside influences, fans, media, etc. he is a very, very, positive person, almost too positive.

our fans are pretty bad. bottom line.

they expect way too much and think that just because we have good players that we should win every game. and when we don't its the coaches or players fault.

they dont understand that the other team has really good players too.

You can't really lump all of our fans into that. It's a pretty small percentage. I can only imagine how the Chat Room was but the game thread had the usual suspects starting their whining at 3:45 .... It's like they've never watched a football and don't realize the games are 60 minutes long

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

I can tell you one thing. If any of the coaches or players had the pathetic attitude that pervaded the chat room, and I imagine the game thread, full of "fans", in the first quarter, that team would have lost by 50 points. I give the team and coaches a tremendous amount of credit for fighting back in the face of adversity, figuring out a winning strategy, and implementing it. This is the type of life lesson football teaches, don't give up no matter what the situation vs having the dejected, hopeless, "all is lost" attitude, that the team would lose for sure, mind set early in the game. I really hope that doesn't get back to the team, or incoming players, how fair weather and faithless the fan base is. Skip said immediately after the game he was so proud of the team because they believed. How about we show more of that attitude at The Bulls Pen when things are not going The Bulls way instead of saying the team is pathetic and bash Holtz?

+1

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I left the chat room. No hope at all. I don't know if they are fair weather, don't understand the game, so pent up on winning or what. But there is more to learn than just winning. Otherwise this game, with its risk of serious injury, would have been outlawed 100 years ago. Regardless. I am so proud of the team and coaches for believing in themselves and each other and reaching deep and leaving it all on the field. That's what counts the most.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

Go to the Pitt board....our fans are just super passionate, at least we aren't Pitt fans.....

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Go to the Pitt board....our fans are just super passionate, at least we aren't Pitt fans.....

Just because they don't get it either doesn't make it the right attitude to have about the team. Pitt obviously has something wrong that needs to be changed at the AD or higher level. Its hardly the team's fault that the AD can't hire a quality coach like Holtz who gets the big picture of why the game is played and is a great coach to the players and knows how to win. I mean really, the "Well they are doing it" doesn't make it right argument applies here too.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Slick- i can tell you that Skip Holtz pays ZERO attention to outside influences, fans, media, etc. he is a very, very, positive person, almost too positive.

our fans are pretty bad. bottom line.

they expect way too much and think that just because we have good players that we should win every game. and when we don't its the coaches or players fault.

they dont understand that the other team has really good players too.

You can't really lump all of our fans into that. It's a pretty small percentage. I can only imagine how the Chat Room was but the game thread had the usual suspects starting their whining at 3:45 .... It's like they've never watched a football and don't realize the games are 60 minutes long

yea you are right. i should have said- our fans who complain about everything are pretty bad.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

I left the chat room. No hope at all. I don't know if they are fair weather, don't understand the game, so pent up on winning or what.

Some people just appear to enjoy griping on message boards .... maybe it's just some sort of cathartic release.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  208
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not sure exactly what I screamed, but my reaction was enough that my French Bulldog who was asleep next to me on the couch jumped straight up about a foot in the air. She started barking and running in circles around the TV room at breakneck speed, eventually sliding into an end table and knocking a lamp off. My daughter woke up and started crying and the wife walked in and gave me a bone chilling look I won't soon forget. All totally worth it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

Was watching at the Field House bar in midtown St Louis with a couple of VBall moms between volleyball sessions. Our screaming surprised the Mizzou fans who were starting to file in and the Billiken students who think a football is round with a checkered pattern. All in all, a great day to be a Bull!

• Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

went ballistic, gave some high fives, then I saw FLAG on the screen and everyone PAUSED.....then when it was called on Nevada, then I think i even hugged a couple people and jumping around some more