• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will USF actually beat Pitt this year?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

technically, our first 1A win was against UConn -- who also had just turned 1A -- on the road, in windy conditions

the spread for Pitt was around 20 points, not 28 -- we won by 9. maybe you confused how much we beat the spread by which I recall being something like 28 points

Yeah, whatever, 2000 or 2001, 20 or 28, whatever it takes. Everyone got the gist, I was just shooting from the hip based upon my feeble and failing memory and not Googling for stats.

it helps being at the game I guess

That's one I didn't make unfortunately but I did watch it. I've missed zero home games since inception and have made plenty of away games but this one seems to be the one I missed. I would easily trade my Sun Bowl experience (no offense MikeG, since it was nice meeting you there) for Pitt 2001. That was a long flight home.

The Pitt trip was fun and kind of a spur of the moment thing. My buddies talked me into going along with their group up there. The whole trip was nothing but fun.

Sun Bowl was decent-- lots of activities and the first bowl we were in that I felt was top shelf. The end of the game was the only bad part of that trip.