• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

Hey Bulls,

Texas A&M fan here. Just wondering if any one can give me any insight on your former DC. Since we haven't played yet, we're all starving for info as to what exactly what kind of team we have this year.

What kind of defensive philosophy does Snyder follow, from what you've seen? "Bend but don't break", for example? Or is he pretty aggressive? Is his system known as being complex? While he seems like a pretty engaging fellow, I wonder how Kevin Sumlin came about hiring him after the 2011 season, the hire seemed like it came out of nowhere. Is he a good recruiter? Were you happy with your D last year?

Thanks in advance for your answers, and good luck this year. Please accept this as a token of my appreciation:

post-9572-0-69755600-1346967028_thumb.pn

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Funny you should mention that, because there was a tweet today that UF was looking at past USF games to get a better idea.

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

Preparing for trip to Texas A&M, Gators studying USF games to look at ex-Bulls DC Mark Snyder's defense. @ESPNDiRocco

http://espn.go.com/colleges/florida/football/story/_/id/8341920/florida-gators-studying-texas-aggies-film …

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

this man knows how to request information.

I think he is a fine DC, although we didnt face SEC offenses. WVU and Cincy were probably the best ones we had. The only game last year for example that he really dropped the ball was Pitt. That **** was stupid.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I think he is a fine DC, although we didnt face SEC offenses. WVU and Cincy were probably the best ones we had. The only game last year for example that he really dropped the ball was Pitt. That **** was stupid.

He made UF look silly for the first half when we played them two years ago.

IMO, his biggest failing, is playing too far back in the secondary and allowing the short/intermediate passes to the sideline.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

Most here were not too fond of Coach Snyder. His zone coverage left a lot of holes that allowed teams to drive down the field at will during key situations (see Cincy game + Louisville game)

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

He made UF look silly for the first half when we played them two years ago.

IMO, his biggest failing, is playing too far back in the secondary and allowing the short/intermediate passes to the sideline.

ahh yes I forgot about UF. I was thinking just in conference.

Agreed about the zone. It is such a weak zone you can convert 3rd and 4s like nothing on him. It really depends on the team you are playing I guess.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Glad to see him go

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  2

Most here were not too fond of Coach Snyder. His zone coverage left a lot of holes that allowed teams to drive down the field at will during key situations (see Cincy game + Louisville game)

F*&^ ME. This sounds a lot like our 2011 season, in a nutshell.

V1vUO.gif

Thanks again.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

i need to learn how to use my newbie token like THAT! best way to not get mistaken for a troll and banned lol.

these guys summed it up well...granted, sec offenses aren't big 12 or pac 12 offenses...they're probably more aligned with big east offenses to be honest...some of them are semi explosive, but they don't put tons of points up except in all their mismatch games.

if A&M has the athletes, they should fare alright. please please please beat the gaytors. their offense is a joke. watch out for jorts.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

Good luck against UF. I hope you guys beat them