• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wolf Pack hoping for home opener sellout

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  296
  • Days Won:  0

Reading the attendance thread on their board, I'm not sure some of them realize how much louder the 80k plus fans at some of our recent away games can be(FSU, Florida, Notre Dame)...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

That's kinda sad with the success they've had in recent years and their opening win over Cal.

We've had a lot of problems getting people to the stadium. A lot of it has to do with Reno being a transient town and full of people who have no loyalty to the University. Part of the blame lies with the AD for not doing enough to engage the community. Part is because our stadium sucks.

I think a small but still important part is the fact that ESECPN keeps pounding the drum that its all about the big boys and no one else matters. It amazes me how many people I know parrot what they heard on ESECPN. I know that if I lived in Reno, I would be interested in seeing your team a couple of times even if USF was not playing them. I think times are such that if it is not an "event" christened by the four letter word, it must not be worth watching. I cannot stand when I am watching a game and they start talking about the top 5 or 10 teams which have nothing to do with the game we are supposed to be watching. This year, I will be turning down the sound when they do that or flipping the channel. Edited by Mission9

Disclaimer for all the Nevada and the BSU guy: There are a lot of esoteric comments on here regarding a couple of teams which we have played against. They are not intended to be digs at you.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

While visiting out there a few weeks ago, ran into some gal whose parents are season ticket holders and they were way pissed that ticket prices went up (I believe she said to $35) because of the new conference. I have no idea if that is hurting ticket sales but it can't be helping.

While visiting out there a few weeks ago, ran into some gal whose parents are season ticket holders and they were way pissed that ticket prices went up (I believe she said to $35) because of the new conference. I have no idea if that is hurting ticket sales but it can't be helping.

Interesting info. It seems there is never only one factor why teams are not selling out. Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  48

Actually most of the season ticket prices went down. Only a few went up.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  19

That's kinda sad with the success they've had in recent years and their opening win over Cal.

We've had a lot of problems getting people to the stadium. A lot of it has to do with Reno being a transient town and full of people who have no loyalty to the University. Part of the blame lies with the AD for not doing enough to engage the community. Part is because our stadium sucks.

I think a small but still important part is the fact that ESECPN keeps pounding the drum that its all about the big boys and no one else matters. It amazes me how many people I know parrot what they heard on ESECPN. I know that if I lived in Reno, I would be interested in seeing your team a couple of times even if USF was not playing them. I think times are such that if it is not an "event" christened by the four letter word, it must not be worth watching. I cannot stand when I am watching a game and they start talking about the top 5 or 10 teams which have nothing to do with the game we are supposed to be watching. This year, I will be turning down the sound when they do that or flipping the channel.

I echo your comments in their entirety. The Mothership seems to actively ignore 80% of the schools playing FBS football, unless they are playing one of the 20%.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

this is a depressed area and a small town

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  15

Disclaimer for all the Nevada and the BSU guy: There are a lot of esoteric comments on here regarding a couple of teams which we have played against. They are not intended to be digs at you.

Understood and I have tried to stay as far away from the Reno threads as possible, just because its never good form to air dirty laundry in someone else's house.

But, I do get the UCF references and the others quite well. When I first dropped by and said hello, I mentioned that I grew up just up the Suncoast Parkway (whcich didn't exist in my day) in Spring Hill. I have a lot of friends that attended USF and more than a few that work at the University today. Officially, no BSU does not look at Reno in that light in any fashion. We have our own instate evil upon which to focus almost all of our hatred. Which we do, happily, and regularly. An example, University of Idaho grads count 0-1, 0-2, 0-3....... (you get the idea)

Reno is just near enough to be a great roadie for us and consistently good enough to challenge us (in football as they routinely own us on the BB court). Its usually a good trip with nothing but positives.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390

I would think UNR games would be THE event....no pro team, no other major in state competition (unlv doesn't do much in football), so I'm shocked they get such small crowds.