• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

O-Line Concerns

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293
  • Days Won:  1

It was apparent, and I'm sure the coaches saw what we saw.. They'll get it together, I hope...

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

If the OLine doesn't improve from what it looked like last night, we're in for another long season

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Both of our tackles were backups playing due to injuries to the starters in practice. Both starters should be back to full speed for this week.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Both of our tackles were backups playing due to injuries to the starters in practice. Both starters should be back to full speed for this week.

Meh, kind of hard to call Edwards a backup since he was expected to be the starter until two weeks ago and he's more experienced than the guy he replaced. And it is my understanding Q played nearly as much in the 1st half at RT as did Lang. I don't buy those excuses too much.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Meh, kind of hard to call Edwards a backup since he was expected to be the starter until two weeks ago and he's more experienced than the guy he replaced. And it is my understanding Q played nearly as much in the 1st half at RT as did Lang. I don't buy those excuses too much.

Williams passed Edwards on the depth chart but got dinged up in practice causing Edwards to fill in. When a RSr. gets passed by a sophomore with less experience that means he obviously isn't getting it done. Hell its almost impossible to say Edwards has more game experience than Williams. Edwards has played in 12 games during his 4 years with his first start coming Saturday while Williams played in 10 games last year as a freshman.

As for Q he's been taking more reps with the 2's while Lang fills in for him as he returns from the concussion. While they both played, Q is still getting back up to speed with the 1's.

I'm not worried about the Oline at all.

Edited by deters-

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  326
  • Days Won:  1

go back to espn 3 and watch the game again. only this time dont watch bj or the ball carrier. just watch the oline on every play. it was scary . for those that think williams will make a difference he wont . he is not a 10 time pro bowl player from the nfl. he is an unrtied sophmore who i am sure will do his best. this will be a long year as bj scrambles for his life