• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

THE University of South Florida Herd of Thunder (HOT Band)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,657
  • Days Won:  29

We moved our seats closer to hear HOT!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

They do now... when they sat in the student section they had to go up behind the pirate ship and down that escalator to get to the field... The stairs are not permitted behind the goal posts for safety reasons.

Most college stadiums have gates and at least portable stairs behind the end-zones for their bands to come directly down and onto the field... I'm not sure how much that would set back USF to do, or if the TSA/Papa Glazier would even allow it but that is what needs to be done.

(a) cut gate

(B )install metal gate in opening

(C ) purchase a collapsible step to be placed at the opening to let HOT in and out

Problem solved :thumbsup:

Um... the gates are already there... and they use removable stairs now...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

They do now... when they sat in the student section they had to go up behind the pirate ship and down that escalator to get to the field... The stairs are not permitted behind the goal posts for safety reasons.

Most college stadiums have gates and at least portable stairs behind the end-zones for their bands to come directly down and onto the field... I'm not sure how much that would set back USF to do, or if the TSA/Papa Glazier would even allow it but that is what needs to be done.

(a) cut gate

(C ) purchase a collapsible step to be placed at the opening to let HOT in and out

Then why r they in the corner...

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Is 8_va joking about the microphones? I thought several years ago he was against the idea (i.e., making us look as impotent as the other U's band). I've had seats in various locations over the years (but not in the upper decks). Walking around RayJay I can hear HOT clearly, even from the parking lots before/after the game. I know alot of you disagree and I admit there certainly could be some acoustic dead spots. I don't want to rehash those old arguments; I'm just surprised by 8_va's current stance. Maybe it was a joke that flew right over my head . . . if so, NEVERMIND. GB!!

Yeah...unfortunately I have changed my stance. In a perfect world, it would be great if you could hear the 317(thanks for the # btw) people playing their asses off in the corner of the stadium. But as I've found out over the years...since being set apart from HOT and traveling to alot more road games...the band NEEDS to be MIC'd.

Its just needed.

Boston College has a HUGE...and when i say huge i mean HUGE SUB-WOOFER in their band corner to go along with the mic'd band. And ****...they sound great. They dont have to even play that loud...they play well...and the whole stadium hears them like their listening to their ipods.

Its ingenious. UofL and UConn does the same...as well as Rutgers i think...i was really drunk for that one.

Just my 2 cents here...but someone needs to look into this.

This band is too good for everyone not to hear them.

BTW...loud is not always good...GOOD is always GOOD. ;) And HOT is good.

GO BULLS!!!

Edited by Bulls 8_va

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

(a) cut gate

Then why r they in the corner...

Because even temp steps are not safe for that area.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

From reading everyone's comments, I see I'm not the only one who has actually changed seats to get a better HOT experience. It's the biggest factor in creating the college football experience for me (vs. pro football). I guess I'm open to the idea of amplification, but only if it is professionally executed and integrated within RayJays thunderous PA (my ears hurt just thinking about those pre-game commercials). My generally negative stance about sound amplification is rooted in having to endure the University of Georgia's Redcoat Band playing that same droning riff over and over and over again with their **** amplified guitar bass. Although I think the SEC outlawed that practice some years ago (thank you God), they were the epitome of the Johnny-One-Note band. I never want that to happen to 8_va's most famous musical composition. He should get royalties for that . . . and I think his genius is right up there next to Beethoven. GB!