• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Has recruiting got lackluster since Levitt left????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  42
  • Days Won:  0

I know the talent improved since joining the Big East, but I noticed since Levitt left, local talent are not even interested in USF. Just watched film of 7 on 7 team with bay area players, win a national tourney over at IMG in bradenton. And out of the 20 something player, USF only targeted 2 player, and that was the same thing as last year. There letting some very good players leave for other shools, and the team that won was coached by Margeul blackwell. That should have helped bring some of that talent to USF, C'mon Skip lets use some of the former players to get this talent, I thought Blackwell was coaching at USF.

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

I know the talent improved since joining the Big East, but I noticed since Levitt left, local talent are not even interested in USF. Just watched film of 7 on 7 team with bay area players, win a national tourney over at IMG in bradenton. And out of the 20 something player, USF only targeted 2 player, and that was the same thing as last year. There letting some very good players leave for other shools, and the team that won was coached by Margeul blackwell. That should have helped bring some of that talent to USF, C'mon Skip lets use some of the former players to get this talent, I thought Blackwell was coaching at USF.

How do you know they only targeted 2? ... and I don't follow recruiting that closely, but we've never had that big of a stranglehold on local talent, with Leavitt or without.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

1st. Its LeAvitt

2nd. Hes coming. Thanks to Skip and coach Hargreaves. Its alright.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5446142

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

This **** again

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

Last year we had one of the best recruiting classes of all time, although it was small it had a lot of big names in it. This year we have a 4 star RB and QB and possibly a 5 star in Hargraeves coming in... and we recently had SuperBull with almost any and all top talent in Tampa there. Recruiting is going much better than expect to be honest considering we had a 1-6 BE season last year.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Marquel recently left USF to look at other opportunities. I was very sorry to see him go. I presume he didn't think he was in line for an assistant coaching job.

I'm sure we have offered many more than just two players on Team Tampa. We are having the same problem we've always had in keeping top talent home. It wasn't much different under Leavitt. We could count on landing only one or two such players every year. Every major football school around the country is recruiting thos same kids. It's hard to compete wth them, being in the Big East.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Marquel recently left USF to look at other opportunities. I was very sorry to see him go. I presume he didn't think he was in line for an assistant coaching job.

I'm sure we have offered many more than just two players on Team Tampa. We are having the same problem we've always had in keeping top talent home. It wasn't much different under Leavitt. We could count on landing only one or two such players every year. Every major football school around the country is recruiting thos same kids. It's hard to compete wth them, being in the Big East.

I think we suffer from being within Mama driving distance for a lot of recruits. Not you Mama, but dey Mama.BTW, I know of at least 5 kids on TT, that we have recruited, just off top of my head w/o even going to look.

I think we suffer from being within Mama driving distance for a lot of recruits. Not you Mama, but dey Mama.BTW, I know of at least 5 kids on TT, that we have recruited, just off top of my head w/o even going to look.

That's true to some extent. However, Miami was able to keep their kids home, even though they didn't have a stadium. Of course, Miami was alreaddy established before going to the Big East and that conference has been on the decline ever since they left.

It certainly would help if we had more success the past few years and the Big East wasn't in such a bad state,

If we were in the ACC, I think we would have much greater success in recruiting local talent..

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  42
  • Days Won:  0

Didn't mean to get the board in a uproar, but I have spoken with Josh Grady, who was been recruited by USF as a DB. And I remember them not offering him a chance to play QB, and was a main reason he didn't sign with USF, and a guy like that could have possibly help recruit other member on his team and in tampa. That was my opinion earlier, and only a opinion, but the talent there were getting from around the bay area, didi help build the program.

Didn't mean to get the board in a uproar, but I have spoken with Josh Grady, who was been recruited by USF as a DB. And I remember them not offering him a chance to play QB, and was a main reason he didn't sign with USF, and a guy like that could have possibly help recruit other member on his team and in tampa. That was my opinion earlier, and only a opinion, but the talent there were getting from around the bay area, didi help build the program.

Well, USF was HONEST with him, unlike MANY other schools. We also could have LIED to him. But, I do agree that landing him, in particular, could have swayed other players to USF.