• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CFN has a good idea?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

I am all for playing FAMU, but check out this CFN column where the guy proposes that 1A schools dropping their 1AA games could lead to some interesting matchups this year.  He suggests the Bulls play FSU (instead of FAMU and the Citadel).

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2005/Spring_Preview/DIAA.htm

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737
  • Days Won:  0

I think our schedule is hard enough already with Penn State and Miami, plus WVA and Luisville.  But it is a matchup i'd like to see in the future.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

Agreed. Our schedule is very tough as it stands, but maybe this would be a good year to welcome that challenge. Letting the new guys learn from the likes of WVU, Miami, and FSU would be a huge boost plus it would help recruiting as well. Let's let people know that there IS a new kid on the BCS block.

Guest 19usf96

While I agree that to play against FSU would be great, I think that our schedule is hard enough already, as TNBulls suggested.  This year I think it would be more beneficial to get to a bowl game and win than to play FSU.  What is the max we get out of playing FSU....maybe 500k and exposure to the FL kids and maybe the game televised on Sunshine, not that it's a bad thing.  But if we perform well against UM, WVU, UL, Penn St., etc., make it to a bowl game and win we could expose ourselves to the entire country and pick up other recruits nationwide................USF96

Guest mr. 2 cents

Playing FSU next year would much better exposer, than a lesser bowl game. We should always wecome better competition from anyone. Never be nervous about strenght of schedule, it only make players better and coaches work harder.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Playing FSU next year would much better exposer, than a lesser bowl game. We should always wecome better competition from anyone. Never be nervous about strenght of schedule, it only make players better and coaches work harder.

Tell that to UCF who for years overscheduled and it has got them nowhere.

This team needs to gain some confidence heading into the BE conference and getting embarassed is not the way to do that.

Besides, it's just a CFN pipe dream because FSU has no interest in playing USF and certainly would not come to RayJay for the game.

It WILL be fine to play a complete BCS schedule after we get our feat wet in the BE and know that we are competitive in the conference.

Guest 79 Bull offline

Tell that to UCF who for years overscheduled and it has got them nowhere.

This team needs to gain some confidence heading into the BE conference and getting embarassed is not the way to do that.

Besides, it's just a CFN pipe dream because FSU has no interest in playing USF and certainly would not come to RayJay for the game.

It WILL be fine to play a complete BCS schedule after we get our feat wet in the BE and know that we are competitive in the conference.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Obviously just a pipe dream that would not work because the 1AA games are HOME schedule fillers and for one of these teams it would be an away game.  Just found it an interesting presentation.

Mods - please delete the post above as I screwed up without being logged in and can't remove it.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Very cool thqat he mentioned us and put a quality opponent against us.