• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TJ Fleeton, PSQB, Daphne HS, Daphne, AL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Yeah, we are so assiduous about not posting of premium content and they come here and whine anyway. They are always claiming "scoop" and 'breaking news" while chasing each other around as well. Thanks guys for your support.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Hey Bill, you like stalking subscriber sites and then posting info on a player like you discovered them? You clearly got this kid's name from 247 then went and found info on him because this kids name was NEVER mentioned until yesterday and conveniently a thread on him appears today...

My advice: you need to slow your roll.

Edited by ckparrothead

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Fleeton is an interesting kid because for sure this guy has an absolute cannon of an arm. He can really spin the ball.

I do have some concerns though.

I'm not terribly sure he's really 6'3" but that's not a big deal as he's so young and for all I know could still grow. More concerning is that he minimizes his own height in the pocket with a wide stance, deep steps, and posture. It all makes me wonder just how good he is at really seeing the field after the snap. To say that the mechanics are unconventional is probably a good way to put it. Some guys I don't like calling 'raw' even though their circumstances suggest they are, because mechanically they're pretty sound. Asiantii Woulard is a good example of that. This guy is a better example of someone that's actually quite raw still in his feet, spacing, weight transfer, etc. I don't know that I would call his release "quick" because even though he doesn't have an arm loop, he does have a lower body loop that creates timing and versatility problems which suggest he's a guy that often needs to know exactly what he's doing with the ball pretty well in advance.

I'm not trying to pick him apart, because this guy has throwing skills which are often times stunning. He's a thrower, not a passer, thus far. But he's one hell of an impressive thrower if you ask me. What I'd like to do is get a better idea for how his accuracy and decision making come off on an every play, every rep basis...rather than just on highlights. There are some issues that make me skeptical of how that looks but the simple fact of the matter is, if he's consistent despite warning signs, then the warning signs don't matter.

Certainly a guy I wouldn't mind getting into a system with a good coaching staff to see if they can't work on him mechanically a little. That kind of pure throwing ability is not common.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

wait bullwinkle = billreef?

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Do people honestly think we should take this guys commitment over some of the other options?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Do people honestly think we should take this guys commitment over some of the other options?

Having seen the video from last weekend I say yes. Kid has a cannon for an arm. If no one else wants to step up and pull the trigger then I want someone that wants to be here.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Having seen the video from last weekend I say yes. Kid has a cannon for an arm. If no one else wants to step up and pull the trigger then I want someone that wants to be here.

If i had to guess, I would bet Benkert pulls the trigger this weekend and then we are done at QB. Must say, I like the look of of Fleeton, though. Might be a bigger downside risk , but I think the upside potential is a lot greater. I say go Big or go home. Benkert is a little more like the Floyd/Eveld model, and we know how that's been going. Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Why can't we be like Cincinatti and just start collecting HS QBs like trading cards?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

wait bullwinkle = billreef?

Yeah, but it's as if he went through a petulance implant when he changed his screenname...