• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

4-star OL Denver Kirkland

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

Bulls247 â€@Bulls247

The latest on Denver Kirkland: The Bulls are closing in on 4-Star offensive tackle Denver Kirkland

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

I hope we pick him up. I wonder if there is anyone else that Miami shorted that needs a bus ticket. 

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Anyone that wants to see what UM faithful think of the way they treated Kirkland need to read this TL. Man they are pissed and Golden and staff are making up violation to cover there tracks. They are saying he had academic problems now. His HS coach is ballistic. Apparently they were trying to force him to commit b4 NSD and he wouldn't do it, so they pulled his offer.

@KINGBEAN14

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I hope we pick him up. I wonder if there is anyone else that Miami shorted that needs a bus ticket. 

Matthew Thomas no 2 OLB in the country maybe. Booker T Washington Senior. 5 stars, who has the same coach that is so pissed at Golden? Matthew, we have a LB spot for you too. Imagine Kirkland, Elkino and Thomas at USF. What a show that would be.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Matthew Thomas no 2 OLB in the country maybe. Booker T Washington Senior. 5 stars, who has the same coach that is so pissed at Golden? Matthew, we have a LB spot for you too. Imagine Kirkland, Elkino and Thomas at USF. What a show that would be.

As luck would have it, I believe we still have 4-5 schollies left.  Maybe a few more.  Wednesday will be telling. Kirkland would be a HUGE get, and would help clear big paths for our RBs.

Wonder if UM will offer Kirkland now, and fight to get him, just to undo this PR mess.

As I worried, looks like UM may  back pedal to save face.  And if Kirkland wants to go there, UM will take him.  Longer term view by UM, fearing backlash from local HS teams.  Golden wets himself when his folks warn him about riling the locals.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2013/02/kirkland-drama-continues-family-to-meet-with-um-coaches-at-3-pm.html

According to that story I posted, UM looks like the inside lead.  I'd say 70%.  His step-father says it's down to FSU or Arkansas.  So, looks bleak for USF. Dang...wanted him.