• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Uconn's Alex Oriakhi to transfer, can play immediately

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

this would be a pretty nice way to replace gilchrist/anderson for next season. i wonder if he'd ever consider us, or if heath would go after him. if i were him, i would seriously consider us, we're losing 2 seniors inside, and just made a nice run in the tournament.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2012/03/connecticuts-alex-oriakhi-to-transfer/1#.T2pkfhGPXTo

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I don't think you are allowed to transfer from one Big East school to another Big East school in Football or Basketball.

• Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

I think that is an ACC rule not sure if it is the same in the BE. I think he would be a good replacement for Ron. But not sure Stan would do it out of respect for the other schools.

• Content Count:  245
  • Days Won:  1

http://www.bigeast.org/portals/5/fls/19400/pdfs/Policy_Manual/section8.pdf

BIG EAST INTRA-CONFERENCE TRANSFER POLICY

Student-athletes in the sports of men’s basketball, women’s basketball and football, are not permitted to

transfer (directly or indirectly) from one BIG EAST institution to another BIG EAST institution and

participate in any capacity in the sports of men’s basketball, women’s basketball or football. However,

these student-athletes may transfer (directly or indirectly) from one BIG EAST institution to another BIG

EAST institution and may participate in sports other than men’s basketball, women’s basketball or

football pursuant to the transfer parameters in the next clause. There are no exceptions or waivers to

this rule.

• Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

oh well he would have been a perfect fit in my mind

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

learn something new everyday. wishful thinking on my part, thought maybe there'd be a loophole with the impending postseason ban for uconn.

• Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

Why is uconn facing a postseason ban?

• Content Count:  365
  • Days Won:  1

Why is uconn facing a postseason ban?

Under rules approved in October, a school must have a two-year average score of 930 or a four-year average of 900 on the NCAA's annual Academic Progress Rate, which measures the academic performance of student athletes, to qualify for the NCAA tournament.

Connecticut's men's basketball scored 826 for the 2009-10 school year. UConn's score for the 2010-11 school year is expected to be about 975. That would not be high enough. It would give Connecticut a two-year score of 900.5 and a four-year average of 888.5.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7720137/alex-oriakhi-transfer-connecticut-huskies-ncaa-tournament-ban

Archived