• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can I please never hear again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

how cheap the Glazers are?

Signing Vincent Jackson, Carl Nicks and Eric Wright is no small feat. The Glazers opened the coffers for these guys.

Looking forward to the draft. I feel like the Bucs will draft Trent Richardson but I'll feel better about that prediction once I know what Ronde is going to do. They filled some decent holes today. That O-line is going to be solid, assuming Zuttah picks up the center position easily. Would be great to have a game changing young RB running behind that line, along with a potentially great short-yardage back like Blount.

No matter what happens, I like the direction the Bucs are going under Schiano.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

They signed V Jax? Wow. Big FA. I still don't like those bloodsuckers but it's nice to see them spend some of the community's money.

Brad via BullPhone

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Signing Vincent Jackson, Carl Nicks and Eric Wright is no small feat. The Glazers opened the coffers for these guys.

Looking forward to the draft. I feel like the Bucs will draft Trent Richardson but I'll feel better about that prediction once I know what Ronde is going to do. They filled some decent holes today. That O-line is going to be solid, assuming Zuttah picks up the center position easily. Would be great to have a game changing young RB running behind that line, along with a potentially great short-yardage back like Blount.

They got Nicks?? .... Wow! .... No need to draft Trent Richardson with their 1st round pick, though. Very rare a rb is worth that high of a pick.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

The new CBA required the Bucs to spend $$ I thought.

The new CBA required the Bucs to spend $$ I thought.

I don't remember hearing this but you could be right.

They got Nicks?? .... Wow! .... No need to draft Trent Richardson with their 1st round pick, though. Very rare a rb is worth that high of a pick.

They have to get someone for the backfield in the high rounds though. Blount is not an every down back. If Ryan Khalil were somehow available Bucs should pull the trigger on that one. I can see them taking either Richardson or Claiborne.

• Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

The Glazers are as cheap as they come, hence the reason why they can't sign a big name coach. Hence the reason they fired Jon because he wanted to spend money to improve the team. But no the Glazers thought they had the talent they needed...yea sure you did. A good good coach had to take the fall for cheap a$$ owners. The Bucs will never be a Superbowl contender as long as they are owners. They don't care about the fans and fans don't give a two shyts about the Bucs anymore.

Just ask Man United. The minute the fan based forced them to take a behind the scenes you don't call big shots approach, Man U wins big and has their best season in recent history. This Bucs are the new Detroit Lions. Thank god I cheer for the Patriots as well...cheering for just the Bucs is to stresseful.

The Glazers are as cheap as they come, hence the reason why they can't sign a big name coach. Hence the reason they fired Jon because he wanted to spend money to improve the team.

Pretty sure that wasn't the reason Gruden was fired - how about you're in control of your division, then you lose 4 games in a row and miss the playoffs? How about never drafting a franchise QB? How about plugging holes in a sinking ship with veterans that weren't panning out? That's why Gruden was fired.

The Bucs will never be a Superbowl contender as long as they are owners.

Did they all of a sudden get cheap? Pretty sure they won a Super Bowl several years after they became owners.

They don't care about the fans and fans don't give a two shyts about the Bucs anymore.

I'll give you this one in part - there may be some truth to the fact that the Glazers don't care much about the fans, but they do care about making money, and they understand that in business, you have to spend money to make money. Maybe you don't get that, but the people in charge of the Bucs do. That's why they just went out yesterday and paid top dollar for three very good free agents. They care about the fans as far as getting their butts back in the seats. I'm ok with that, because I just care about the Bucs being competitive and trying to win Super Bowls. They still have some holes to fill, but they made some great strides yesterday, and it's foolish to not give them credit for opening up the coffers.

There are quite a few fans, I believe, that will come back to the Bucs when it looks like the Bucs are trying to win. Yesterday was a big sign that this is what the Glazers are trying to do.

This Bucs are the new Detroit Lions.

Might not be a bad thing - the Lions are getting better and better. They were a playoff team last year.

Thank god I cheer for the Patriots as well...cheering for just the Bucs is to stresseful.

Do us a favor and just cheer for the Pats - we don't need you on the Bucs bandwagon solely when it is convenient for you.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Ga, you have much more patience than I do .... Sounds like one of those Bucs bandwagoners who started following the team in 2002. Anybody who followed the Bucs during the Culverhouse years can fully appreciate what the Glazers did for the Buccaneers. The Debartolos they're not when it comes to owners but they re-invented this franchise when they bought it, culminating in the perfect storm of the Super Bowl win. They're obviously businessmen first, which does suck at times, but it looks like a decade later they're getting serious again.

Yeah, I'm a pretty serious Bucs fan and I know how far in the toilet this franchise was until the Glazers took over and hired Dungy. I don't know why they took some time off where it looked like they didn't give a **** but this spending spree makes excited about 2012.

Archived