• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DePaul over SH - mean anything to us?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I would think that would help us... it hurts one of our better wins, but, with UL replacing that, it puts SH more squarely on the bubble than us I would think? My fear has been that the committee will not want 10 BE teams. Maybe they do stick with 9, but, I would think that today's loss should put SH in the number 10 slot.

Also, FGCU was ahead in their conference championship... Belmont has pulled ahead for now, gotta have that result. Loyola/Niagra in a close one at half... would Loyola get an at-large with a 21-9 record in the MAAC? I haven't seen any big blows to our chances today... well, other than our loss.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

The biggest impact of DePaul-Seton Hall is the Big East standings. 4 seedings will ride on the St Johns-Rutgers game because of all the ties.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I would think that would help us... it hurts one of our better wins, but, with UL replacing that, it puts SH more squarely on the bubble than us I would think? My fear has been that the committee will not want 10 BE teams.

There were 11 last year. I don't think conference affiliation plays much of a role in deciding who gets to go.

Also, FGCU was ahead in their conference championship...

Belmont is pulling away now, but it doesn't matter anyway. Belmont's RPI is in the 60s and SOS in the 200s. They're not getting an at-large bid if they lose.

Creighton has pulled ahead for now, gotta have that result.

Creighton won easily, that game has been over for a while.

Loyola/Niagra in a close one at half... would Loyola get an at-large with a 21-9 record in the MAAC?

RPI around 90, SOS over 200. Not a chance.

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

SHU's loss is a huge help for us I think. Although the committee always downplays conference affiliation, I agree that having 10 BE teams in would be unlikely. This makes it easier for them to dump one that isn't named USF. Awful way for SHU to end the regular season (lost to RU and DeP), making evryone quickly forget that win against G'Town (which now doesn't even look that good).

Archived