• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2012 SG Brian Greene Jr (IMG)

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

http://chicagohoops....iting&Itemid=28

Former Thornton High School star Brian Greene, who is doing a postgraduate season at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida has a pair of official visits scheduled.

Greene, a red-hot 6'3 shooting guard, will take official visits to both Iowa and South Florida as he continues to wind his way through the recruiting process.

Greene noted that both programs are great opportunities and that he feels fortunate to interest from a pair of great programs.

Reportedly this guy has a 40+ inch vertical and I guess has grown a couple of inches since HS if he is indeed 6'3 now. We know how Stan Heath loves athletes. :) Also it looks like Nash or Noriega is in trouble again because USF doesn't have scholarships to use for the 2012 class but no doubt the staff has been trying to get another guard to come in for next season.

• Content Count:  312
  • Days Won:  0

http://chicagohoops....iting&Itemid=28

Former Thornton High School star Brian Greene, who is doing a postgraduate season at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida has a pair of official visits scheduled.

Greene, a red-hot 6'3 shooting guard, will take official visits to both Iowa and South Florida as he continues to wind his way through the recruiting process.

Greene noted that both programs are great opportunities and that he feels fortunate to interest from a pair of great programs.

Reportedly this guy has a 40+ inch vertical and I guess has grown a couple of inches since HS if he is indeed 6'3 now. We know how Stan Heath loves athletes. :) Also it looks like Nash or Noriega is in trouble again because USF doesn't have scholarships to use for the 2012 class but no doubt the staff has been trying to get another guard to come in for next season.

SLAMAJAMA - oh my - that poor defender was posterized

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

If Greene is for the 2012 class, it does look like someone will be given a copy of the home game, if I did the math correctly. 8 returning players, 3 already signed, 2 commited to sign adds up to 13 .... I've got to think that Shaun would be odd man out if they get Greene, based on the positions coming in. If he wants to add ANOTHER player this year, it woud suck if it's Nash gone .... Brock, maybe?

If Greene is for the 2012 class, it does look like someone will be given a copy of the home game, if I did the math correctly. 8 returning players, 3 already signed, 2 commited to sign adds up to 13 .... I've got to think that Shaun would be odd man out if they get Greene, based on the positions coming in. If he wants to add ANOTHER player this year, it woud suck if it's Nash gone .... Brock, maybe?

It could mean 1 of the guards coming in hasn't qualified or 1 of the guards on the team might not be eligible next season because he hasn't been taking care of business in the classroom.

• 2 weeks later...

Greene committed to Auburn

Going to be tough getting any real high quality ones for a year or two with AC exploding onto the scene like he did ...

Going to be tough getting any real high quality ones for a year or two with AC exploding onto the scene like he did ...

Combined with the style of play which is not helping the cause.

:rolleyes:

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Going to be tough getting any real high qualityu ones for a year or two with AC exploding onto the scene like he did ...

In one respect I agree with Vega here. By not running an uptempo offense, the perception with some recruits could be that USF won't prepare him for the NBA.

Going to be tough getting any real high qualityu ones for a year or two with AC exploding onto the scene like he did ...

In one respect I agree with Vega here. By not running an uptempo offense, the perception with some recruits could be that USF won't prepare him for the NBA.

Actually, and you or Vega should have caught it, my reasoning was incorrect. I thought Greene was a pg instead of a sg so AC shouldn't really have had any effect on this .... and as far as the NBA thing is concerned, Stan can pull out a list of players he's recruited/coached that have gotten to the NBA so I don't that being much of a factor.

Archived