• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USA today Article on furure ND Football Schedules

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

Omni...I know you are one of the diehard pessimists on this board, but that's YOUR problem not mine.

I'm sure you thought we'd NEVER get a one for one series with Miami too.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

We'll probably never get a game with ND. Who cares. If FSU, UF, or Miami want to play in Tampa then they should have to play the Bulls. That is our home stadium. If they want to treat their local Alums to a game then play USF. I think we would have no problem selling those out. If they want to treat it as a neutral site game and split tickets and revenue so be it. Do whatever it takes to get them here.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Well, your opinon is common.

I'm sure it was common for you to think we wouldn't be one of the schools selected to join the Big east.

Thankfully, the Big East schools looked BEYOND what was commonly thought of at the time.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  60

Notre Dame is a "has been" in football.  By the time they get to 2011, they will probably not even have a contract with NBC.  Further, I WAS (emphasizing the was) a Notre Dame fan when I was a kid.  However, Notre Dame needs to come back down to reality and understand they are no longer that "storied" football program from the past.  It is 2005, and we are in the 21 century for all the Rudy want-a-bes.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  14

I think the reason Notre Dame won't play us is mainly due to the fact that Notre Dame wants to promote their games against the so-called "power" schools in Florida and Texas to recruits.  Notre Dame wants recruits from Florida and Texas, and use to get a lot of good players from the Dallas, Orlando, Miami areas during the 70s and 80s.

So they look to play games in Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, Miami, and Dallas mainly because they will get better exposure for recruits.  If a recruit saw Notre Dame playing in the Swamp or Doak, it is a different ballgame than seeing Notre Dame play one of the big 3 at a neutral site since neither team is promoting the home field advantage.  Notre Dame coaches also get to sell their program in these cities and show how they travel to "mini bowl games" which is more exciting than playing a regular season game on the road.

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

Ray Jay isn't owned by USF.  Like the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, if they want to have another game with two out of town teams(FAMU/BCC), they most certainly can.  They just have to negotiate with the stadium owners.  If USF owned the place, that would change the game.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

they will play us when we get a reputation

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

It's going to take a good number of years.  Most of these schools are well established.