• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

S BIEN

Guest Harvey Jones

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Turkey,

All I wanted was some proof. Maybe an old article stating this as fact. Not a recollection.

No doubt Baker and Waldon. Baxter I would disagree. Maybe Jackson and Brown. Look how long Brown lasted. Seth was known for recruiting primaddonna head cases. Borderline qualifiers that might pan out.

I bet most of these guys wouldn't have come here except for the fact it was close to home and their grades were suspect and Greenie was the only one willing to take a risk.

Maybe CRM is looking for team players. Not me first type of guys. Look how all the "good" recruiting Seth did worked out for us. 2 of his best, Jackson and BB, played together for years and did nothing for this program.

It's probably an insult to group Seth's top 100 with those other guys you consider top recruits.

Diarra was rated the #26 center by Rivals. Look how well that has panned out. No offense but the guy stinks. S Jones is better and he wasn't rated. Ratings don't mean everything.

Guess how many Rivals rated recruits BC has had in the last 3 years? 1 same as us. Hasn't hurt them any.

Would I like to get these guys? Absolutely. Realistically though no matter who our coach is odds are we aren't going to.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

Coaches have had to deal with bad attitudes since the beginning of time.  Coaching requires flexibility and the ability to deal with opinions other than those similiar to your own.  

What a load of BS.  

This is what is wrong with so many sports today.  What ever happened to respect for authority?  When I was coming up, you did what the coach said, no questions asked.  He is in charge and it is his team.  If you didn't like it, then grab some pine or hit the road.

Thankfully Coach Mac has the fortitude and character to get rid of the bad attitudes and get some players on his team who want to play ball.  I applaud him.  He is 10 times the coach that Seth is.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

I don't know Jake, after reading Swifts comments after the Houston game it doesn't sound like we have a bunch of players who are making a serious effort to win games.

Guest Turkey Shizzler

bull94, when i have more time this weekend i will do a little research on the recruiting rankings. it will be a good test/check of the memory.

recruiting rankings aren't eveyrthing by any means. so much can happen after high school and a player's character/drive/work ethic is very important in his development from that point on. but as someone once said, you can't make chicken salad from chickenshizzle.

bull94, to say bb and altron did nothing for this program is ridiculous. everyone is disappointed they did not lead us to better things after all of the promise they showed the first two years. but as of this moment, they each have done much much more for this program than every recruit mr. mccullum has brought in combined.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

bull94, to say bb and altron did nothing for this program is ridiculous. everyone is disappointed they did not lead us to better things after all of the promise they showed the first two years. but as of this moment, they each have done much much more for this program than every recruit mr. mccullum has brought in combined.

Just exactly what is this "much much more for this program" you're refering to?

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Kelvin Brown? Do a search on him see what it comes up with. Troubled, kicked off, sat for disciplinary reasons. Did you see who was in his class? Swift. If you had to choose which player would do more for the team based on recruiting rankings you would have said Brown. Now tell me who did more for USF basketball? Brown or Swift?

I believe Bobby K won all three before Greenie ever won an NCAA game or beat a top 25 team with his multiple top 150 recruits.

Geez, stop changing your argument.  I don't give a c--p about what either of them did for USF.  You said that top 100 talent wouldn't come to this university.  I'm proving a point that yes they will come to the university.  I don't know how much simpler to make this.

Why do you post on this board??.  You talk about the university that we all obviously love like we're some podunk tiny school in the middle of nowhere who can't even begin to dream of recruiting top players.  You obviously haven't been following this program very long or know what type of talent we've had here.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

You are right, CRM hasn't had any knock your socks off signings BUT the last I looked they don't give you any points at the beginning of the game for highly touted recruits. I just don't understand why you can't give him four years to prove himself. There must be another vendetta or you're just one of those people that like to ***** just for the sake of ******** .......

Last I looked they don't give you any points at the beginning of the game for a charismatic coach. We just went that route, didn't work out. Why not not give dull and boring at least a chance?

Last I looked his teams scored 12 and 20 points in the first half of games within two weeks at the END of the season.  Apparently they don't give you any points for recruiting below par players either.

BTW myopians, where is all the improvement.  I thought we were going to "gel" by the end of the year.  This team has regressed.  You know it.  You just don't want to see it.  We're not going to the CUSA tourney TWO years in a row.  Great showing thus far by Robert Mccullum.  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

speaking of myopians... we dont' get bonus points for having 3 players with the flu during those 2 games.  No bonus points for vomitting on the floor.

Pipe down ;D

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Last I looked his teams scored 12 and 20 points in the first half of games within two weeks at the END of the season.  Apparently they don't give you any points for recruiting below par players either.

BTW myopians, where is all the improvement.  I thought we were going to "gel" by the end of the year.  This team has regressed.  You know it.  You just don't want to see it.  We're not going to the CUSA tourney TWO years in a row.  Great showing thus far by Robert Mccullum.

Beastie, you just don't get it. Most of us don't care what happens NOW so you can quit harping on it. You're just circle jerking with your "fool" buddies. We're waiting to see what it looks like after the fourth year. How hard is that to comprehend??

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

LOL... too funny!