• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chucky, Swift or Khon?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

I voted Chucky but those FT's in Wisconsin still haunt me ...........   :-/

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

Darn shame there hasn't been one mention of defense in this entire thread.  

I love his grit and tenacity, but there is NO WAY Kohn can be voted the best PG in USF history.  He couldn't defend at all.  I know he had some injury problems, but the fact remains.

I think the fact that Atkins is playing in the NBA says it all.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Jake Ryan....weren't you in 16 Candles with that Molly Ringwald and Long Duck Dong?

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

Jake Ryan....weren't you in 16 Candles with that Molly Ringwald and Long Duck Dong?

That me.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488

Swift didn't play a lot earlier in his career because of Kohn.  SG seemed to like Reggie more as a player, maybe even more so personality wise.  Chucky played all four years, because there weren't much behind him besides Lamb for the last two years.

I picked Swift for what he is doing this year with the team he has.  Someone earlier said Atkins did not have any talent playing with him.  I disagree.  The year they made it to the 2nd round NIT, they had Jerome Robinson, Jesse Salters, Rush (who I was not big on), the PF from Cali but got busted with pot, and the UCF transfer.  (Man, you guys are going to kill me.  #5 is the UCF transfer, I forgot his name.  He was thick like a 20oz. t-bone.  Someone please refresh my worn-out memory).  

IMO, Swift only has TL.  The others on this year's team are too young, too many knee surgeries, too European (Stlye of play), too skinny, too raw, and too slow.  

Chucky is definitely one of my favorite players.  But I think Swift has him beat on defense (back when Chucky played here).  I rarely see Kohn drive to the basket like Swift has been doing.  Yes, I know, Reggie was hurt.  And Reggie did have a better shot.  But he too was a liability on defense and he was never a dribble-drive player, more like dribble-shoot.  All around, I say Swift is still tops more of the following categories: shooting, passing, attacking the basket, intelligence, rebounding, and defense.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

While i would agree that Swift is having a great season he has only had one big season at USF. Atkins had many if you look at Atkins last season at USF where his other "big" players were:

Harper 9.9 ppg 10.4 rbs

Rush 9.7ppg 7.6 rbs

Lamb 9.5 ppg-3.9 rbs

Lawrence 5.8 ppg 4.8rbs

Jovanovic 5.8 ppg

Compared to Swift's current teammates:

Leather 17.6 ppg 8.4 rbs

Bryant 7.5 ppg 4.4 rbs

Dennis 7.3 ppg

Holmes 6.6 ppg

Jones 6.6 ppg 6.8 rbs

Prek 6.2 ppg

You could probably say that Atkins had a worst cast that year where he avg. 19.3 ppg 3.0 rbs. I just think that eventhough Swift is having a breakout year it cant compare to the career that Atkins had at USF.

The transfer from UCF you speak of was James Harper.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

and that 1995-96 team was the LAST USF team to beat the Gators

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488

Ahh, James Harper.  One of my favorite player here at USF.  And he graduated the same year I did.  

Who is Lawrence?  What position?

Anybody remember Coleman?  Forgot his first name.  Six one maybe six 2 I believe, but he played bigger.  He was a SG when Chucky was a frosh.  Got busted for stealing books, I believe.  How about this one white guy:  real skinny, played in the late nineties, I believe from California, SF, wore the side burns.  And I'm not thinking about Johnson.