• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New USF Traditions Committee...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

https://www.facebook.com/buildingtradition

If you have a FB account like them so you can vote for some new suggested traditions for football.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I like and hate this idea so much. I like that athletics recognizes the need for tradition and are wanting to work to establish it. However, I hate the idea of a committee that decides traditions. The best traditions are not forced or created by a committee, but created by the students and fans which spreads.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

It seems like a private group... Miami-Dade number and gmail email; I'm not sure how much stock I would put into it

• Content Count:  7,796

It seems like a private group... Miami-Dade number and gmail email; I'm not sure how much stock I would put into it

There's an actual Traditions Committee. I know a drum major from the HOT and she said that they've changed a good number of things with them and their performance.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

There's an actual Traditions Committee. I know a drum major from the HOT and she said that they've changed a good number of things with them and their performance.

Interesting....

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

isnt that an oxymoron

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  0

I've known about the traditions committee for a while, and know a couple people on it.

I for one am all for it. I know some people are against it, but without some type of committee, nothing would get started.

Yes, traditions just sometimes happen, but a lot of times they don't happen without the help of individuals. Think about what TAMU does with their Friday night pep rallies. Do you think that just HAPPENED? No, they planned that ages ago and it has just grown into a monster.

The warchant at FSU didn't just pop up out of nowhere. Folklore claims that the actual music is derived from a piece the marching chiefs used to play way back in the day and the chop came about from a group of fraternity guys.

• Content Count:  2,305

I saw that yesterday. I voted for the choices and I even added some of my own. I like the idea. Ill take anything to get something started.

• Content Count:  1,719

as long as the "War Flamingo" is not on the list i'm cool with it.

Archived