• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Randy Johnson RB, Miami Norland

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

A UM commit was scheduled for an OV to USF this weekend. GA says Miami threatened to pull scolly offer if he came. His mom said he didn't come because of family illness. Hope he reschedules. A 5-star recruit, this young man has mad skills and crazy breakaway speed.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Rivals-Spotlight-Duke-Johnson-Senior-Highlights-1101586

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Why do you hope he reschedules? Auman's story was confirmed by more than one source... his mom is just covering. Duke Johnson is a solid commit to UM and was never coming to USF... ever... All he was going to do was get into of the ears of Price and our other recruits. This was the best thing that could have happened in this situation

• Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

A UM commit was scheduled for an OV to USF this weekend. GA says Miami threatened to pull scolly offer if he came. His mom said he didn't come because of family illness. Hope he reschedules. A 5-star recruit, this young man has mad skills and crazy breakaway speed.

http://rivals.yahoo....hlights-1101586

Nobody at Miami threatened to pull his scholarship. Duke's mother even had to go to Twitter to debunk Auman's false report.

cassandra mitchell@RaisingACaneReply

@DNord_UMiami @gregauman lol, they (UM) support Dukes decision whether he wants to visit or not

There are reasons.

Duke isn't considering USF.

Why do you hope he reschedules? Auman's story was confirmed by more than one source... his mom is just covering. Duke Johnson is a solid commit to UM and was never coming to USF... ever... All he was going to do was get into of the ears of Price and our other recruits. This was the best thing that could have happened in this situation

Uh...who were these "sources"? Miami hasn't threatened to pull Duke's scholarship, even if Duke said this to avoid hurt feelings.

And Duke wasn't going to visit to recruit Price or anyone else. That's not the reason for the visit.

Because we need a RB and are obviously holding off on Gilmore because we are trying to land some better option. As to his intent, I kinda think Skip would have an idea if some 18 year old was trying to hoodwink him. Sure doesn't sound like you have much faith in our coaching staff.

Necause we need a RB and are obviously holding off on Gilmore becuase we are trying to land some better option. As to his intent, I kinda think Skip would have an idea if some 18 year old was trying to hoodwink him. Sure doesn't sound like you have much faith in our coaching staff.

No hoodwinking. All parties are aware of the quid pro quo. Probably not going to happen, though.

Necause we need a RB and are obviously holding off on Gilmore becuase we are trying to land some better option. As to his intent, I kinda think Skip would have an idea if some 18 year old was trying to hoodwink him. Sure doesn't sound like you have much faith in our coaching staff.

No hoodwinking. All parties are aware of the quid pro quo. Probably not going to happen, though.

This from the party that was sure Keith Brown was to recommit to UM? How'd that work out, Miami?

This from the party that was sure Keith Brown was to recommit to UM? How'd that work out, Miami?

Could you please tell me what you are smoking? I actually went back and re-read the Keith Brown thread and had a nice laugh, since I NEVER EVER said what you have claimed. In fact, I predicted (accurately) that Keith Brown would be going to Louisville.

I never said that Keith Brown was "sure" to recommit to UM. I said that he wouldn't be going to USF. I spoke to the SPECIFIC REASON he was shopping around (trying to get an LoI for his less-talented brother). I said that if FIU offered, there was a good chance of Miami getting him back in the fold. But I never said that Keith Brown was "sure" to recommit to UM. I predicted Louisville.

So I guess this makes me...incredibly accurate when I provide information on Miami kids. Maybe...just maybe...I actually know a few people in Miami.

Trust me, boys, I'm not just another "random internet source". I don't BS about things I don't know about.

Bill, would you care to re-read the Keith Brown thread and provide the quote that gave you the impression that I ever said Keith Brown was "sure" to recommit to Miami?

Never said it. I think your memory is faulty. Sorry, bud.

And he may come back to Miami. Depends upon numbers and such, but...I don't see why Cristobal won't do his alma mater a favor and offer Keith's brother.

Could you please tell me what you are smoking? I actually went back and re-read the Keith Brown thread and had a nice laugh, since I NEVER EVER said what you have claimed. In fact, I predicted (accurately) that Keith Brown would be going to Louisville.

I never said that Keith Brown was "sure" to recommit to UM. I said that he wouldn't be going to USF. I spoke to the SPECIFIC REASON he was shopping around (trying to get an LoI for his less-talented brother). I said that if FIU offered, there was a good chance of Miami getting him back in the fold. But I never said that Keith Brown was "sure" to recommit to UM. I predicted Louisville.

So I guess this makes me...incredibly accurate when I provide information on Miami kids. Maybe...just maybe...I actually know a few people in Miami.

Trust me, boys, I'm not just another "random internet source". I don't BS about things I don't know about.

Bill, would you care to re-read the Keith Brown thread and provide the quote that gave you the impression that I ever said Keith Brown was "sure" to recommit to Miami?

So this quote from H.M. on 12/03/11 doesn't say what the words say????

"And he may come back to Miami. Depends upon numbers and such, but...I don't see why Cristobal won't do his alma mater a favor and offer Keith's brother."

and then you figure out a month later after Zook's gone and KB has travelled to UL and "Payoff Hurtt" that that is where he's going. You are just so wise about all this. Troll

And he may come back to Miami. Depends upon numbers and such, but...I don't see why Cristobal won't do his alma mater a favor and offer Keith's brother.

So this quote from H.M. on 12/03/11 doesn't say what the words say????

"And he may come back to Miami. Depends upon numbers and such, but...I don't see why Cristobal won't do his alma mater a favor and offer Keith's brother."

Let me see if I understand.

You claimed that I said Brown was "sure" to recommit to Miami. The definition of "sure" is certain. At no point did I express certainty.

I said "MAY". The definition of "may" is might or possibly.

Now, after I posted this, YOU POSTED THE ITEM ON BROWN that put the chances of him recommitting to Miami at 80%.

After your post, I wrote this: "He will likely be choosing to go to Louisville. He made a comment about clearing the academic part with his mother. No need to do that for UM, the #38 academic school in the country."

So I'm in confusion as to why you are now claiming that I ever expressed that Brown was "sure" to recommit to Miami. I never did so. I always said there was a possibility. You even agreed with me, citing the 80% probability, which I never believed (I thought it was closer to 40% likely for him to recommit, since Golden had been recruiting other LBs). I was the one who correctly told you that Brown was most likely going to Louisville, even though you had posters on this board who were saying Clemson.

Not sure why you are trying to claim that I said something that I never said. Are you looking to discredit me?

I know you'd love to have Duke visit, but come on now. He's not interested in USF.

Favors. And I won't get more specific.

Archived