• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Zach LeDay

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

gregauman Greg Auman

USF's Stan Heath could pick up another '12 commitment, from Zach LeDay, 6-7 forward from Texas, AAU teammate of new commit Demarcus Holland.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/texashoops/basketball/recruiting/player-Zach-LeDay-97886

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,704
  • Days Won:  424

According to a Tweet from Larry Weisbaum, we got him .... https://twitter.com/...search?q=%23USF

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

As I said about Holland, I'm curious about which asst coach landed these two guys. This screams coach Roc again, but not sure. I'll have more confidence in these verbals if Coach Roc was the lead recruiter because of his excellent recruiting ability. Both Leday and Holland are rated the 18th and 19th best prospects from the Dallas metro area. Leday is having a breakout season so far and he looks like a **** good athlete too. He's basically a PF trapped in a SF body or a SF that can't really shoot from the wing, take your pick.

Note: Just looked on Greg's twitter page and it was indeed Coach Roc that landed these two. I now have more respect for these prospects then I initially did. Hopefully Coach Roc is the next HC at USF after this season so Heath can't underachieve for the 9th season out of the 11 he would coach after Kent St. He gets a pass on the 1st years at Arkansas and USF just because I'm really feeling good right now.

• Content Count:  1,055

Im really excited for the next few years f this team. I feel it will be as competitive as it was in the late 80's and early 90's when the Sun Dome was rocking and Gary Fred Bobby Radenko and Hakim Shaheed would make the cannon go BOOM. We do need one tough guy like Marvin Taylor from Yahzoo Mississippi to give the team some backbone though.

Im really excited for the next few years f this team. I feel it will be as competitive as it was in the late 80's and early 90's when the Sun Dome was rocking and Gary Fred Bobby Radenko and Hakim Shaheed would make the cannon go BOOM. We do need one tough guy like Marvin Taylor from Yahzoo Mississippi to give the team some backbone though.

I'd prefer more a Hakim Shahid/Gary Alexander type tough guy ...

Triple he was a great scorer and was a bully on the court the problem was he was a bully off the court also.

Triple he was a great scorer and was a bully on the court the problem was he was a bully off the court also.

Which one?

Taylor that is. Gary was cool we went to High school together then both came to USF. Hakim was a quiet gentle guy off the court and became a monster windex man once he got a basketball in his hands. But back on topic I guess I like these recruits that seem to be coming in. Do you see any of them being tough guys that will give our team that toughness needed for the big beast.

Taylor that is. Gary was cool we went to High school together then both came to USF. Hakim was a quiet gentle guy off the court and became a monster windex man once he got a basketball in his hands. But back on topic I guess I like these recruits that seem to be coming in. Do you see any of them being tough guys that will give our team that toughness needed for the big beast.

Austin is averaging around 10 rb's a game, although it is at the juco level, but hopefully he can transition it to the bigs. Ideally, I'd love to see Omo with the tenacity of an Alexander or Shahid but that would be pretty frightening ...

That would also put major butts in the seats I think. Lets keep hope alive.

Archived