• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Darryl Richardson QB(2013), Armwood HS, Seffner, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Why are all of our really great QB prospects in line for 2013? Richardson lists offers from OSU and TN to go along with ours. He looks like he needs to work on his footwork on film but he has been really successful at Armwood.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Watched some of the game today, saw about 8 throws and he wasn't that impressive. Definitely has some potential, he's big and agile. Has a pretty good arm but made a few iffy decisions. Was able to keep plays going with his feet and still look up. With offers from OSU, and Tennessee, I have a feeling this guy has a bright future ahead of him. I can't see him going to OSU(they'll have a sophomore starting next year) and we may be a better option than Tenn. Obviously its early, but I'm glad we got our foot in early. Excited to see him next year.

• 6 months later...

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Armwood quarterback Darryl Richardson, a raw prospect being courted by big schools, eager to improve

Richardson has scholarship offers from USF, Ole Miss, Missouri and Tennessee

By Brendan Sonnone | For the Sentinel

4:39 p.m. EDT, June 25, 2012

The 2013 quarterback class in the state of Florida is a bit of an enigma.

There are plenty of FBS prospects, but no one player truly stands out as a sure-fire, blue-chipper.

Winter Park’s Asiantii Woulard, a USF commit, might be the closest thing to that, but he has just one year of experience playing the position.

Recent Houston commit John O’Korn was primarily a backup last season at Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas, while Cincinnati pledge and Orlando Boone High prospect Alton Meeks is regarded by many as a better linebacker.

But of all the raw quarterbacks the Sunshine State has to offer this year, no signal caller has more hit or miss potential than Seffner Armwood’s Darryl Richardson.

Richardson (6-5, 230) just looks the part. He is big, nimble and effortlessly chucks the ball down field.

In fact, he probably has the strongest arm in the state.

“My arm, it’s decent,†Richardson said with a chuckle. “I can get it there, really.â€

So far, USF, Ole Miss, Missouri and Tennessee have been impressed with Richardson’s arm strength and have extended scholarship offers. Richardson said USF and Missouri standout right now.

Despite his short yet quality offer sheet, Richardson remains a risk for colleges

He’s still unrefined and unproven to large degree.

Richardson has little experience playing quarterback and needs to work on his decision-making throughout the next season. He has only played quarterback for three years because he previously preferred playing on defense and doing the hitting, as opposed to taking punishment.

“Ever since I was little I always had an arm, but I didn’t want to get hit,†Richardson said. “So I decided I wanted to play quarterback in eighth grade, so it picked up then.â€

His fear of taking hits was justified during the 2011 season, his first with Armwood after transferring from Tampa Bay Tech.

As a junior, Richardson missed nearly half of Armwood’s 15 games because of various injuries that included a ruptured bursa sac in his right knee and a dinged-up throwing shoulder.

He finished with 751 passing yards, seven passing touchdowns and four interceptions

Although he took his lumps last season, Richardson said he’s no longer afraid of taking big hits.

“I got used to it,†he said.

Although he has a world of potential, Richardson must become a more consistent passer and stay healthy for colleges to look at him as more than a project player, a notion he is well aware of.

“Right now, I’m not where I want to be,†Richardson said. “I don’t think I’ll ever be satisfied until I’m at the next level.â€

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

OSU must've pulled or never offered. Interesting.

Would be a nice competition between him and AW, but I won't be upset at all if we don't land him.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  40
  • Days Won:  0

Seems like a good kid...but doesn't like to get hit...wrong sport dude

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423
  • Days Won:  1

I have watched AW make all the throws and he had a habit of trying to run people over because he likes the contact don't feel like this would be much competition I really like Chase he is gonna be one to watch that young man is gonna be a threat to any starting qb 2014. Reminds me of Tyler Bray at UT I think that's his name. He will push AW only advantage AW will have possibly is size and ability to make plays with his feet. As far as passing Chase will be a pocket passer making all the throws. Based on what I saw superbull ...Keep pushing Chase you gotta fan here...

Edited by Woulard

I have watched AW make all the throws and he had a habit of trying to run people over because he likes the contact don't feel like this would be much competition I really like Chase he is gonna be one to watch that young man is gonna be a threat to any starting qb 2014. Reminds me of Tyler Bray at UT I think that's his name. He will push AW only advantage AW will have possibly is size and ability to make plays with his feet. As far as passing Chase will be a pocket passer making all the throws. Based on what I saw superbull ...Keep pushing Chase you gotta fan here...

Chase Litton I assume? Think we will retain his services?

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423
  • Days Won:  1

guess we'll have to wait and see what 2014 class produces but I like him a ton...There is still all the intangibles awareness, pocket presence, mental I just like what i saw physically at superbull would like to see Jr.year film on him.

Edited by Woulard
  • Upvote 1

guess we'll have to wait and see what 2014 class produces but I like him a ton...There is still all the intangibles awareness, pocket presence, mental I just like what i saw physically at superbull would like to see Jr.year film on him.

Im with it

...does he have film. Did he ever start yet or will be a starter. This year?