• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dell: Commentary | Is Skip Holtz too expensive for USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

It'd be nice if writers for established publications were above message board whiner status .... This is a converstion you have after 3, probably 4 years, not 2. Dell has been going down hill.

the Bradenton Herald is the joke of Tampa Bay newspapers. it is not credible. it's poorly edited, poorly staffed, poorly written and there are frequently errors and just downright spelling mistakes. living in Bradenton i can say that i've never met a SINGLE individual who respects our newspaper. it is a joke. SPT is the real newspaper down here. the Bradenton Herald is only good for reading about who got shot, who got busted selling drugs, or when the latest mundane local event is taking place. serious coverage is not to be found.

Allan Dell is an example of the low caliber of writing at the BH.

Exactly. Their circulation is not in the top 30 of the state. Declining readership and less than 28k readers. Of them, probabably 1000 read his whining drivel.

See this link. http://www.mondotimes.com/newspapers/usa/florida-newspaper-circulation.html

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I am so sick of hearing about injuries. They happen, to every team, every year. We have used that fricken excuse for 7 years.

?

Talking about fans of USF about our mid season collapse (ie Big East losses).

Every year, same thing on this board. We have so and so injured. Well that happens to all teams, all the time. You have to deal with that. It should never be used as an excuse.

As much as I am on this board I can't recall that excuse being used for the last 7 years.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I don't think Alan Dell is against USF. And he is no Brett McMurphy - in a personal battle with the coach. Dell wrote very positive articles on the Bulls, long before ever being on Rivals. I think you're misjudging a guy that poses a real question. I don't think he's being a shock jock. For those that say Holtz deserves another year, I agree. But then does that make 8-10 wins worth the salary over the first three years? Probably not. At most, this is an argument against highly paid HCs, not a swipe at USF.

Archived