• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joe Paterno To Be Let Go

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, yes I do. Stood by and did nothing. Unacceptable

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Yes, yes I do. Stood by and did nothing. Unacceptable

Just checking ...

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

its official, paterno is out

Yep, and so is the prez. Right thing to do.

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

First, the guy wasn't a current coach. Second, per JoePa, he wasn't told the specifics of what the GA saw. I've got to believe if he told JoePa what he told the Grand Jury, things would have been different. Question is, as asked elsewhere here, how can you see a 10 year old boy getting raped, allow it to happen and wait until the next morning before telling someone about it??

Paterno was told something "of a sexual nature" involving a 10 year-old kid. And he didn't do anything except tell his boss? That's just a cop-out, a spineless act of sweeping it under the rug.

The GA who saw this is now the acting HC for the team...how long before the public outrage causes him to be fired? The lack of conscience from these people is astounding. Thinking of only themselves and not the victim.

How strange is it that all this is coming out within a week of Paterno breaking the all-time wins record? That can't be a coincidence. This whole school is toast...there was a culture of cover-up, a cult of personality situation. How sickening. They need a major housecleaning to clear out the stench of this.

First, the guy wasn't a current coach. Second, per JoePa, he wasn't told the specifics of what the GA saw. I've got to believe if he told JoePa what he told the Grand Jury, things would have been different. Question is, as asked elsewhere here, how can you see a 10 year old boy getting raped, allow it to happen and wait until the next morning before telling someone about it??

Paterno was told something "of a sexual nature" involving a 10 year-old kid. And he didn't do anything except tell his boss? That's just a cop-out, a spineless act of sweeping it under the rug.

The GA who saw this is now the acting HC for the team...how long before the public outrage causes him to be fired? The lack of conscience from these people is astounding. Thinking of only themselves and not the victim.

How strange is it that all this is coming out within a week of Paterno breaking the all-time wins record? That can't be a coincidence. This whole school is toast...there was a culture of cover-up, a cult of personality situation. How sickening. They need a major housecleaning to clear out the stench of this.

Not sure where you got that from but the GA is now wr coach, I believe .... but the acting head coach has been there forever so who knows how much he knew about, too ...

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Yes he is WR coach, I noticed that on another site after I made the above post. Tonight there are reports that he won't be present at the game tomorrow, apparently due to threats of some kind.

Yes he is WR coach, I noticed that on another site after I made the above post. Tonight there are reports that he won't be present at the game tomorrow, apparently due to threats of some kind.

Last thing I heard was that he wouldn't be on the sideline, but up in the booth instead ..

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Last thing I heard was that he wouldn't be on the sideline, but up in the booth instead ..

Latest word is he will not be coaching in the game against Nebraska.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7215664/penn-state-nittany-lions-mike-mcqueary-not-attend-game-weekend

Latest word is he will not be coaching in the game against Nebraska.

http://espn.go.com/c...nd-game-weekend

Smart move ....

Archived