• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gerald Christian, TE, Dwyer, UF transfer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Was #3 TE and 4-stars on scout when he signed in class of 2010. don't know whether we are interested but he is a big kid. What I like is UF burning a bridge with Dwyer.

By Jason Lieser

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Updated: 9:15 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2011

Posted: 9:11 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2011

GAINESVILLE — Former Dwyer players Gerald Christian and Robert Clark felt they were no longer part of Florida's long-term plans on offense. When the two met with Gators coach Will Muschamp on Monday to tell him they were considering a transfer, Christian said Muschamp seemed fine with them leaving.

"It's a disappointment to him, but he didn't argue with us to stay," Christian said. "I don't want to say he didn't want me around, but since we didn't want to be there, he wasn't trying to keep us there."

Both players are sophomores and will not be eligible to play for an FBS program until 2013. Christian, a tight end, said he already has been talking to Louisville, Central Florida and South Florida. Clark gave no indications of his future plans.

Dwyer coach Jack Daniels said he was upset with both players for not finishing this season with the Gators, and both expressed regret over that move.

Clark, a receiver, did not consider that aspect of his decision and immediately wished he had waited. He described it as "a bad choice" but said it was too late to change his mind.

Christian felt bad, too, but thought it was the best decision for him and the team.

"I was going to practice unhappy," he said. "I don't want to be out there not giving my all. ... I do kind of feel like I gave up on the team, but it's too late. I wish I would have waited, but I wasn't happy at all."

Muschamp declined to discuss their departure Wednesday. Florida now has seen nine players leave the program since Muschamp took the job in January.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/gators/gerald-christian-says-gators-coach-allowed-him-robert-1935900.html

• Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Yea I heard about it but felt we already got Mcfarland and maybe anybody else would be too much for us to reasonably accept. We have Sean Price who was pretty high on us not too long ago as well committed and he's got NFL written all over him.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Yea I heard about it but felt we already got Mcfarland and maybe anybody else would be too much for us to reasonably accept. We have Sean Price who was pretty high on us not too long ago as well committed and he's got NFL written all over him.

Can't have too much talent, though

• Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

It's pretty sad how UF is alienating so many good TE's.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Lets take him and convert him. A good athlete can excel in multiple positions.

Archived