• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls 86, Tulane 66 Box and more

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

bulls96go - we seem to be on or off at the line.  Tonigh Leather was off by shooting under 50%.  If he hits 4 more he would be over 70% and we wouldn't be having this discussion.  I would typically expect Terrance to be between 68% and 75%.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Missing a front end of a one and one could cost 2 points, throw in 2 or 3 other missed FT's and suddenly you've got another 5 points with someone over 30 points.

Beating someone by 20 is good, beating them 25 or more, scoring 90 poinits and the man they are focusing on scoring 30 would've been really ugly.

It's really just a stats/numbers thing.

Nevermind...I misread your first post in which you meant things could have gotten real ugly in our favor - as in a bigger margin of victory.....

Sorry, I read it the other way...as if he needed to make them (re: a close game).

I'll get back to what I was doing...

[smiley=icon_drink.gif] [smiley=icon_drink.gif] [smiley=icon_drink.gif]

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433

Good win...good to see the guys having fun on the court and hustling around.  

Colin Dennis seemed to be 'getting it' as of late.

Also, this Tulane team was bad....one of the worst CUSA teams I have seen.  It's amazing to think they could beat UAB.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Also, this Tulane team was bad....one of the worst CUSA teams I have seen.  It's amazing to think they could beat UAB.

And Houston, who spanked Memphis today, I believe .....

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

great win!

go mac!

dark side is fading!

So what, we won a game we were supposed to win. We did this all the time under Seth.

And so what, we lost to Cincinnati a team we were supposed to lose to.

The long-term outlook doesn't change after this win.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

So what, we won a game we were supposed to win. We did this all the time under Seth.

And so what, we lost to Cincinnati a team we were supposed to lose to.

The long-term outlook doesn't change after this win.

I disagree....when I attended every home game, that is what frustrated me most - we were favored in many of them and lost many of them...I DO NOT for a minute believe we won the games we were supposed to under Seth - especially the home games.

Not that it matters now....no one is looking at this game as measure of the future - we're just looking for a measure of this season and a chance to play in the tourney.

Don't discount it so fast MarkeyMark.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Markey - I don't have the numbers but I bet Seth didn't win more than 2 or 3 games in the months of January and February on a regualr basis, thus he didn't win the games he was supposed to win.  I'd be surprised if he won 10 games in January and February during his tenure at USF.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

LOL, I am glad Omni pointed out the bad FT shooting. That is what I am most concerned about right now. If we were playing against a good team like UL or Cincy then those missed FTs would kill us big time. I brought this up after are loss to Cincy, yet I was criticized by some of you Bulls from the Force. Anyway, that game was the best I have seen them play in about at least the last four years. And MarkeyMark, two of those years included Seth at the helm. A basketball eye like mine does not miss much. Not sure you can counter because you really were not there to witness the display of heart and hustle from Dennis and Marlyn. Better yet, the whole team played well. Brigman made some plays. Diarra made some plays on defense. I really believe we owe this to McCullum's way of coaching the team. The thing that had tears in my eyes tonight was when McCullum instructed the team to stay out for the halftime honor of the 1990 NCAA team. McCullum made sure to have the whole team shake hands with the 1990 team. What an emotional moment that was for me tonight. Thanks again to McCullum and staff for putting that together.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

exactly...it is things like this that do not show up in a box score and radio broadcast.

i watched 2 years of Seth ball and now this is my 2nd year of RMC ball.  Both are good coaches but Seth is the type of coach that can only be as good as the talent around him.  RMC can make the talent around him as good as he is.

Sure I am sad to not have Yusef Baker on the team and etc...but those were Seth guys.   Seth was depending on talent to make him.  RMC is willing to make talent.  That is what College Basketball should be about.  we might not be a top 25 team but we will be a team who plays with their heart night in and night out.