• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So the Big East announces they want to get to 12 teams

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Man we have some dumb people running this school. We are practically responsible for the conference the way it is right now, and now we have the opportunity to fix the conference and our administration doesn't want to. Sickening. It seems like USF wants the conference to fail.

Hmmm... ::)

Why not step outside like Missouri?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Man we have some dumb people running this school. We are practically responsible for the conference the way it is right now, and now we have the opportunity to fix the conference and our administration doesn't want to. Sickening. It seems like USF wants the conference to fail.

Hmmm... ::)

Why not step outside like Missouri?

Missouri is bigger than us.  Even WVU is waiting, and they move next.  The Mizzou path will help decide which schools should end up where, because geography will play some role.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Yeah I get that.  But my point is if other conferences are sincerely interested in expanding, but resisting because they don't want to be the knife in the back of the BE, arrange an exit.  Apparently, you don't believe USF has somewhere to go.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Yeah I get that.  But my point is if other conferences are sincerely interested in expanding, but resisting because they don't want to be the knife in the back of the BE, arrange an exit.  Apparently, you don't believe USF has somewhere to go.

Oh, I do.  But the politics have to play out to avoid lawsuits. 

Outside schools will be ticked if the BE appear to just give up.  Schools like UCF and ECU could cause trouble.  The basketball schools still want the money the football schools bring, and the strength they bring to conference basketball.  If the football schools just up and quit without a good reason, that might cause them to sue.

It has to fall apart slowly, and each move has to have the appearance of an opportunity just falling into the lap of that school out of nowhere.

The basketball schools could have helped the process considerably if they had decided they wanted to break off from the football schools.  But they didn't because the Big East basketball conference was the best in the land.  The ACC took a bullet for everyone by screwing up BE basketball.  That might just be enough to finally cause them to give up hope, but a couple more blows are probably needed. 

The lawsuits are avoided when people get tired and become resigned to the fact that something is inevitable.  If it happens quickly, then people get angry instead and file suit which costs time and money if they ultimately lose.

BillReef can probably speak to this more than I, but this is how I see it.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

We've got dumber people on this board who believe everything they read on the Internets ...

Obviously I am overreacting. When I get a good nights sleep and come back tomorrow I'll be in my right mind.

LOL ... not going to touch that one, though.  ;)

Ahhh nice and refreshed. What's the briefing for today? ;D

Archived