• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Question for those who understand the rankings

Guest 19usf96

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  206
  • Days Won:  0

Smazza,

I sometimes find it hard to believe that you are actually competent.........................However you are right this time about the competency of our offensive coaching staff.  But like they say.........

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

The team will definitely be better this year w/  or w/o  Mike Suckie!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BullsGuest

Posted by: bulls96go Posted on: Feb 5th, 2005, 10:50pm

darkside= haters of bball coach mac.

the force= everyone else

star wars  

remember the darth vader guy?  

I guess I am in the force.  I don't keep up with bball as much as football, but I think this is only his second year.  He needs to be given a chance, although it is disturbing that so many players have left the program under his leadership.  Seth was probably not high on discipline, where as Mac is just the opposite.  Probably turned some players off.  If I recall, the team improved quite a bit down the stretch last year without much talent and they are a better team this year (but that's not saying much!).  

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958

Bien is Right SMAZZIE,, get over it. We realize the LA smog has an adverse effect,,, so gets some fresh air and think about it . The Bulls will get there eventually ( to the big time). Just look at FlaState, I remember when they couldn't beat  the instate schools,,, but ole BB came along and started  winning ,,, then the the interest of big time recruits took off. So with the right ingriedents ,, USF can expect the same. JL will get it done!!!  Ã‚   keep smiling  :) :) :)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

jl will be on a short leash next year

another 4 win season and he will be gone

comparing usf to fsu is silly.fsu had little competition in the mid 70's

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

bowden came down here and found gold in the explosion of talent

there was more than bowden could recruit

he got lucky

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

Bien is 100% correct - about the analysis of the football team and smazza's intelect.

USF will play better competition next year, and the wins will be more difficult to come by, even if the team is improved.  Six wins and a bowl would be a great season in my opinion right now without having seen the actual schedule yet.  The team will be young again next year - we are a couple of years away from the big time - but it is coming.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958

The Bobby Bowden era started in 1976, with the following schedule,  memphis state, miami, okalahoma, kansas state, bosten collage, florida, auburn, clemson, southern miss,  north texaz state, and virginia tech. Not an chopped liver schedule is it? But meaning no offence to my fellow bull,, just pointing out an fact,,,  keep smiling ;D ;D ;D

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Bien,Bien,Bien,  I am disappointed in ya man.  Why do you get drawn into an arguement with someone that has no clue.  We had a very good recruiting class filling lots of needs.  You know that, I know that but some will never know that.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

jl will be on a short leash next year

another 4 win season and he will be gone

comparing usf to fsu is silly.fsu had little competition in the mid 70's

Do you have a direct line to the ADs office?  How do you know if we have another 4 win season CJL will be gone?  You are what's wrong with college sports and sports in general.  It takes time to build something that is long lasting.

Guest S.  Bien
The Bobby Bowden era started in 1976, with the following schedule,  memphis state, miami, okalahoma, kansas state, bosten collage, florida, auburn, clemson, southern miss,  north texaz state, and virginia tech. Not an chopped liver schedule is it? But meaning no offence to my fellow bull,, just pointing out an fact,,,  keep smiling ;D ;D ;D

Although, your comparing that schedule in present terms.  In 1976, or rather the 60's and 70's KSU, USM, Memphis, and Miami were all very bad to average programs.  In fact when Howard Schnellenberger arrived at UM in 1978 he talks about UM administrators were contemplating dropping football because of it's dismal record and fan interest.  KSU, before Bill Snyder arrived only had like 6 winning seasons in 50 years, and only 3 between 1960-80.

Even BC, albeit had an 8-3 record that year that was with three 1-AA wins, and beating two military academies as well.  They were not a perennial strong program back then either.  

On that FSU schedule the three tough teams for the 1970's were Clemson, Auburn, and Oklahoma.  The rest were just decent at best.

By the way, Bobby Bowden isn't even relevent to Jim Leavitt's situation.  When Bobby arrived at Tallahassee they had already been playing football for almost 30 years, had a stadium that sat over 50k, and a strong following.  Jim came when there was NOTHING, and built us up through 1-AA and is still trying to get a full roster of 1-A BCS talent.