• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wholesale Substitutions

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Just woke up to my game day article by Adam A.  Can't find the link online, but this statement really concerns me....

"It won't just be sprinkling in a few second-teamers with  most of the first-stringers still on the field, either.  Holtz is planning wholesale substitution, much the same way he did in the second half last week against Ball State."

2's need to play with 1's to get better and to really be prepared.  If they only play with 2's they will not be ready for a real backup situation when it surfaces during BE play.  When they are really needed due to injury or whatever, they will be playing with 1's not other 2's.  I never understood wholesale subbing in a blowout.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I've read other things (I can't recall them) that said he will sprinkle2s in early and then when the game is well in control, make the wholesale substitutions.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

I wouldn't be too concerned about this right now. the 2s need work, all of them. In a game where you are expected to dominate and one more like it coming up get them in for their work. Next week you can work them in with the 1s and sprinkle them, but today you should try to get as much work for as many of them as you can.

Archived