• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is USF at ND the Longest NCAA Football Game Ever?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

I don't know. Unbelievably, Marshall threw in the towel and forfeited after all, so it's not a COMPLETE game. We may still have the longest complete game on record...

Not sure. I thought I heard them say that it goes as a final.  So I'm guessing WVU gets the win which should make it count as a complete game.  Just not sure.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I don't know. Unbelievably, Marshall threw in the towel and forfeited after all, so it's not a COMPLETE game. We may still have the longest complete game on record...

Not sure. I thought I heard them say that it goes as a final.  So I'm guessing WVU gets the win which should make it count as a complete game.  Just not sure.

LOL

I'm just arguing semantics in a vain attempt to hold on to my initial proposition.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

I think the arkansas/kentucky game was long for entirely different reasons; I'm not sure this really counts.

It's also not the first time a game was delayed for weather, so I'd imagine there are some pretty lengthy games if you count the time delays -- probably ones that even span multiple days.

As I understand, NCAA rules state that a game must be completed (at least 3 Qtrs.) or continued on the same day (it can run over midnight if restarted before) or when restarted later (next day or any other time) it will start as a new game 0-0, so a game can not run multiple days.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

here is one record that really matters--- meh

I'll take the others we gathered today-- longest defensive TD against Notre Dame (and in USF history) is pretty big. Being the first team to have the stadium emptied out --- ever?

Archived