• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

From the Hockey Files:  "FGCU Pastes USF

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

HOCKEY ROLLS: The FGCU club hockey team inched closer to a berth in the ACHA Division III national tournament with a 10-0 pasting of South Florida on Friday night at Germain Arena.

The Eagles, the top-ranked team in the ACHA's South Division, out-shot the Bulls 50-8 to improve to 17-2-1.

Forward Nic Williams led the Eagles with a hat trick while Mat Bur, Zach Messer, Matt Maida, Brian Foster, Marc Mailander, Matt Hayes and Peter Flores also scored for FGCU.

The Eagles play their final home game of the season on Friday night against Lynn University at Germain Arena's Blue Rink at 8:30.

Story Link

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

outshot 50-8?  

IS FGCU using the NHL locked-out players???

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

All those guys names mentioned were actually aka St. Louis, Hull, Lacavalier, etc.....

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I remember USF_Girl coming on here and saying the guys were playing shorthanded manpower that day due to some mixup. I doubt we would lose 10-0 for any other reason... unless RMC was coaching and he sat the star players for being upset they had a bad game the time before  ;D

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  552
  • Days Won:  0

I didnt even see this post.

We had 9 players including 2 goalies show up. There was a miscommunication with game and time, and our head coach didnt even make it. The shots were a lot higher on FGCU's end it was 60 something...

Last time we played them it was 68 shots to 20 something, and we won 4-3... our goalie steps up for these games, its hard not having your first 2 lines and having to play 3rd line people against FGCUs first line... one of our defenders stayed out on the ice most of the game.

Granted we did have some NHLers with one of the Ice Bulls before hand (cullamore, dingman, dave, pratt etc) but they didnt play for FGCU.

We did beat FSU both Friday and tonight!