• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jersey or Polo

Which is better jersey or a polo...  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I once answered this question in a "Proper tailgate/game attire" post a few years back.  For Gentleman, look at #3 and #5.  For Ladies look at #3.

Gentlemen

1.   Never ever wear another school’s shirt or accessories.  It is not cool to wear anything related to UF, FSU, or Miami.  I don’t care if you grew up a fan.

2.   Following on the first suggestion, never wear any other color other than Green, Gold (yellow), White, or Black.

3.   Shirts are good, but make sure that they are plain with not too much stuff going on them.  Polo shirts are always winners, a solid green or gold polo is great (avoid the popped collar).  Button down shirts, such as oxford cloth button down with the sleeves rolled up twice, always is a good way to go.  Keep your shirts on, not a fan of the Beef Studs.

4.   If you choose to go the button down route, always tuck your shirt in with a belt.  Also, this gives you the awesome opportunity to wear a tie.  I own a classy green/gold striped tie, but make sure the tie is the color of our alma mater.

5.   Unless you are the father of a player, stay away from wearing jerseys.  Nothing says “I never grew up†like a 40something year old guy wearing a jersey, most of the time wearing jorts also.  You should have stopped wearing jerseys before college.

6.   Khaki pants or shorts.  Jeans are also awesome, just as long as they are not jean shorts or cargo jeans.

7.   NO JEAN SHORTS (also called jorts); I can’t stress how much this is a bad idea.  Yes, I have seen fans from other schools (saw a few at the NC State game) wear them, but it really makes you look un-classy.

8.   Sunglasses are a must!  You don’t want to be that creepy guy who gets caught checking out the fine USF coed talent.  A good idea is to get some Croakes (or some things similar, hell I have seen fishing line used) for your sunglasses.  I have found that it is extremely comfortable and convenient. 

9.   Flip flops are a great idea.  When it comes to shoes, topsiders are what I prefer.  Tennis shoes are also a good idea, but look terrible with some clothing I described earlier.

10.   Hats can be a good idea. Make sure it does not have a flat bill, you don’t want to look like some Rutgers Guido.  I prefer the bar hats, they are classy and will never go out of style.  Visors are also great.

Ladies

1.   Never ever wear another school’s shirt or accessories.  It is not cool to wear anything related to UF, FSU, or Miami.  I don’t care if you grew up a fan or your boyfriend goes there.

2.   Try not to wear any other color other than Green, Gold (yellow), White, Black or Pink.

3.   Assuming that you have a great body (which is not rare at USF).  Wear any shirt that fit’s the best.  Unlike, us guys, a tight jersey is just fine, but make sure you are not just wearing a bra under it, that is just too trashy.  But for the more classy ladies, polo’s are also highly recommended, very classy.

4.   But the best thing for a girl to wear is a nice sundress.  There is nothing better looking than this to wear.  It is classy and just looks great.

5.   Pearls are also a great thing to wear.  This looks the best with a sundress, but also good with a shirt or polo.  Avoid wearing pearls with a jersey, not a good mix.

6.   If you do not have the best body to wear some tight clothes, the sundress and pearls make you look much better.

7.   Though it should be a crime for guys to wear, jean shorts can be alright and jean skirts and khaki shorts are also alright.  Regular jeans and khaki pants are always not a bad thing, but don’t get too classy with the pants (the last thing in the world we need are more Hillary Clinton's)

8.   Sunglasses are a great idea, since you live in the Florida sun.  But avoid those HUGE sunglasses that cover 2/3rds of your face.  The gentlemen need to see what you look like.

9.   Flip flops are a great idea (make sure you have nice feet though).  Or topsiders are also acceptable. Avoid the tennis shoes though.

10.   When choosing a hat, go simple.  Never do the flat bill hat, you don’t want to look like New JOISEY garbage.  If you can pull it off, the cowboy hat is a good one.  Visors are classic.  But if you do not like hats, headbands are a great way to go. 

New drinking game, read this and take a shot every time you read the word "classy". 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I have worn the same Andre Hall #2 sewn-on jersey every home & away game since 2006.  I too don't believe in the "man law" that says we can't wear a jersey.

That being said, once this jersey is done (and it may only last this season) I will probably get a nice UA polo.

Ditto, I have been wearing the same custom made #13 Bulls jersey since about 2007... needless to say its beat to **** and needs to be retired. I have been considering getting a polo to replace it or another custom jersey... probably gonna go with a fist full of nice UA polo's since I could get about 3-4 of them for the cost of one custom made jersey.

Gonna get a WWP jersey this season regardless of what the bro-code states though...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

I'm mainly going the Polo / T-shirt route this season because I'm not sure if Holtz will be keeping players in the same locker for their career(imagine he will though).

I'm gonna start wearing the number of the player in my locker starting next season.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

How many of you that have posted on this thread have posted on one wanting something traditional?

The girls in sun-dresses and the guys wearing ties are freshmen, in clubs, and could care less what we think about it. It's their tradition.

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

jorts, a tank top and excessive backhair are the new man-style at RayJay. and u must prove the manly endurance of your buttcheeks by sitting in your seat the entire game. good times!

• Content Count:  508
  • Days Won:  1

I once answered this question in a "Proper tailgate/game attire" post a few years back.  For Gentleman, look at #3 and #5.  For Ladies look at #3.

Gentlemen

1.   Never ever wear another school’s shirt or accessories.  It is not cool to wear anything related to UF, FSU, or Miami.  I don’t care if you grew up a fan.

2.   Following on the first suggestion, never wear any other color other than Green, Gold (yellow), White, or Black.

3.   Shirts are good, but make sure that they are plain with not too much stuff going on them.  Polo shirts are always winners, a solid green or gold polo is great (avoid the popped collar).  Button down shirts, such as oxford cloth button down with the sleeves rolled up twice, always is a good way to go.  Keep your shirts on, not a fan of the Beef Studs.

4.   If you choose to go the button down route, always tuck your shirt in with a belt.  Also, this gives you the awesome opportunity to wear a tie.  I own a classy green/gold striped tie, but make sure the tie is the color of our alma mater.

5.   Unless you are the father of a player, stay away from wearing jerseys.  Nothing says “I never grew up†like a 40something year old guy wearing a jersey, most of the time wearing jorts also.  You should have stopped wearing jerseys before college.

6.   Khaki pants or shorts.  Jeans are also awesome, just as long as they are not jean shorts or cargo jeans.

7.   NO JEAN SHORTS (also called jorts); I can’t stress how much this is a bad idea.  Yes, I have seen fans from other schools (saw a few at the NC State game) wear them, but it really makes you look un-classy.

8.   Sunglasses are a must!  You don’t want to be that creepy guy who gets caught checking out the fine USF coed talent.  A good idea is to get some Croakes (or some things similar, hell I have seen fishing line used) for your sunglasses.  I have found that it is extremely comfortable and convenient. 

9.   Flip flops are a great idea.  When it comes to shoes, topsiders are what I prefer.  Tennis shoes are also a good idea, but look terrible with some clothing I described earlier.

10.   Hats can be a good idea. Make sure it does not have a flat bill, you don’t want to look like some Rutgers Guido.  I prefer the bar hats, they are classy and will never go out of style.  Visors are also great.

not sure what worse, a rutgers guido or a wannabe SEC school looking preppy dork like you are advocating.  probably the dork look. 

at least the guido's get girls. 

Guido's get girls?  You mean Snookie looking trash? 

The Georgia Bull guy is correct, have you seen the talent at SEC games in sundresses?  And no, they would never go for some yankee dude like yourself. 

Yeah man, they would rather be with a guy who has fishing line tied on his sunglasses since he's the personification of class!

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

If a girl's going out with you because of how you dress, there's something seriously wrong with her.

agreed.  thats my point, these shirt and ties to games, polos and khakis with boat shoe kids dressing like they are 60 are all followers.  Girls like originality and personality not Billy Bob who buys a Columbia fishing shirt with the ventilation but doesnt fish.  Or Chet who wears canary colored clothes to fit in with Blake and Tyler.  thats the problem.  Even worse when they drink 20 beers and act like retards. 

gopbull as a Yankee I have a way harder time getting laid up north than down south. I dont think I ever met a southern girl who wasnt intrigued by the way talk.  I know you guys get mad because you are scared of it, but thats ok, I'm not interested in you.   

If a girl's going out with you because of how you dress, there's something seriously wrong with her.

agreed.  thats my point, these shirt and ties to games, polos and khakis with boat shoe kids dressing like they are 60 are all followers.  Girls like originality and personality not Billy Bob who buys a Columbia fishing shirt with the ventilation but doesnt fish.  Or Chet who wears canary colored clothes to fit in with Blake and Tyler.  thats the problem.  Even worse when they drink 20 beers and act like retards.

The truth, these guys are speaking it

Archived