• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  150
  • Days Won:  1

How can anybody fault ESPN in this instance when their guys picked AW as MVP of the Elite 11?

I think that some people just like to find fault in anything.

They did pick him as MVP however looking at the film to me outside looking in nothing was shown to justify it. I just wanted it to be evident to viewers it appeared they pick him MVP but wanted ti showcase certain qbs in particular

This is precisely what i thought knowing that he was already named MVP.... I figured they would highlight and showcase what he can do and why he earned the title... but instead it was a 2 hour documentary on the hackenbergs and stantons... they didnt show us WHY he won it.... imho thats horrible editing/programing.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Our prayers go out to Asiantii and his entire family.

Asiantii Woulard â€@Asiantii_2

Come home from practice to get a call from my mom telling me my grandma died...

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Asiantii, Mykal and Dad. All of my heartfelt condolences tonite. You guys will be in my prayers.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  498
  • Days Won:  0

How can anybody fault ESPN in this instance when their guys picked AW as MVP of the Elite 11?

I think that some people just like to find fault in anything.

They did pick him as MVP however looking at the film to me outside looking in nothing was shown to justify it. I just wanted it to be evident to viewers it appeared they pick him MVP but wanted ti showcase certain qbs in particular

This is precisely what i thought knowing that he was already named MVP.... I figured they would highlight and showcase what he can do and why he earned the title... but instead it was a 2 hour documentary on the hackenbergs and stantons... they didnt show us WHY he won it.... imho thats horrible editing/programing.

I think they tried to have equality with the screen time each QB got, but AW did get the extra rep on the 2 minute drill at least with full screen time. I was shocked that the redzone drill wasn't captured and not much from day 4 for AW. I think this is when AWs stock really shot up, I remember reading tweets about the bullets he was throwing into a strong headwind (although this may have been day 3, cant recall now).

Anyway, my biggest issue with the show was all the time wasted with the "suspense" of the daily elite 11 rankings and constant player interview tie ins, not that I didn't love all the screen time AW got. The actual football time on screen was probably around 25%, when it should have been 75% IMO. The editing and filming was quite hard to watch, with the screen constantly flickering between a 5 sec pass and then a 20 sec player interview tie in, back to a pass, more interview. Plus on the pass plays the cameramen were all over the place, reminds me of me with a video camera as a child.

I agree, they should of had more AW to help viewers fully visualize why MVP. I got the bulk of my "visuals" by following tweets during E11. AW was the sole reason I watched, and despite my issues with the editing, it was still worth the 2 hours to get to see what I did of him.

Edited by mw98gt

Final Elite 11 rankings

Twenty-five quarterbacks were invited, but only the best were named the Elite 11.

A look at the players, in order of how they were ranked, who earned that honor with a breakdown of their week and a take from Senior National Recruiting Analyst Tom Luginbill:

1. Asiantii Woulard

Winter Park, Fla./Winter Park

College: South Florida

Breakdown: Woulard suffered a groin injury early in the week, but bounced back in a big way and was named the Elite 11 MVP. Woulard was at his best when it mattered most, as he was the only quarterback to lead two touchdown drives during the two-minute drill on the final day of the event.

Luginbill's take: "Coming into the event from a national perspective, he was a guy that not a lot of people knew about. We were glad he was selected as a finalist because we felt he would blossom if given the opportunity. He is a dual-threat guy with premier arm talent and a natural release. The sky is the limit from a ceiling standpoint because he has only played the position for one year."

See the rest here:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8268974/final-elite-11-rankings

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Looks like some fans aren't happy about who made the selection in the comments.

Looks like some fans aren't happy about who made the selection in the comments.

What do you expect them to say, when THEIR guy didn't win?

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423

Someone plz Google "elite 11 fox" go to shane morris copy and paste that link in espn comments so they can see uncut video of all his throws he was terrible couldn't make the right reads threw to the check down more than any other qb and foot work was awful

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423

I posted under the name RuiCosta on espn comments

Edited by Woulard