• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thanks to all

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,606
  • Days Won:  424

they should just make the USF program the feeder program for the Storm.  it is good for marketing and good for attendance.

umm...no thanks id prefer USF be the feeder program to the NFL not some dying league

LOL... You must have the AFL confused with the UFL. The AFL is doing just fine.

Didn't two of the Storm's best players, including Huey, just jump to the UFL ... or was it somewhere else?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,635
  • Days Won:  29

Huey and Dukes on Defense ...

UFL pays from $30-40K

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

the AFL actually shut down for a  season because it was no longer profitable. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Didn't two of the Storm's best players, including Huey, just jump to the UFL ... or was it somewhere else?

Yes they did. I never said that AFL players make more than UFL players... what I said was that the AFL, as a business model is in better financial shape as a league than the UFL is.

This was proved true about an hour ago when the UFL pushed off it's season by a month because they have no money.

Huey and Dukes on Defense ...

UFL pays from $30-40K

When the checks clear yes... but as of now all players have been told to stay home and sign with another league if offered..... the UFL is done.

the AFL actually shut down for a  season because it was no longer profitable. 

The old AFL yes... because they tried to get too big for the business model. They took a year off... restructured the financial side back to the model that was used in the mid 90's when the league was profitable and stable and restarted last season with great success. The new and current AFL is financially sound and stable. I'll use Tampa as an example.... Jeff Vinik seems like a pretty smart guy, I don't think he'd buy that franchise if it wasn't doing well financially.

Can we get back to the OT? Matt's worked his ass off to get an opportunity and last Saturday night I got to see first hand the effect he still has on the team he plays for... and there was an absolute immediate spark when he came on in the 3rd quarter. I don't know him and he doesn't know me from Adam but it was a blast for me to be able to watch him finally get back on any field and chuck TD passes when by all rights he should have been sacked. You can't teach that kind of passion and guts and skill.

Archived