• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Three USF commits selected for Gridiron Kings event

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

RivalsCNee Chris Nee

MW beats SE 18-14. Will face SW in Championship of #GridironKings.

22 seconds ago

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gridiron Kings gallery 2011

F809941.jpg

Rayshawn Jenkins, Sean Price and Chris Bivins

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/photofeature.asp?SID=880&fid=37232

Price wraps up summer same way he started it

The favorite for the event was the Southeast team that had a perfect record until being upset by the 0-3 (at the time) Midwest bunch. Though the team fell short of the title, they had a strong run led by players such as Citra (Fla.) tight end Sean Price.

"It's ok, we can't hold our head down about it," Price said. "You lose. You win. But the great players they overcome it and get better. They take this as motivation and get hungry for the next game. That's how I feel about it."

Price had a huge week at The Opening and often heard his name called followed by the word touchdown. The two events were quite different with the notable exception being that the 6-foot-4, 205-pounder was a huge threat in the passing game.

"(The Opening) was an all-star team and this was more region-by-region," he said. "It was just a great workout and feels good to be out here."

The talented tight end has excelled at 7-on-7 throughout the summer by being a complete mismatch with linebackers. Drops have not been an issue at all and one can see why when he holds up his very large hands. Price has definitely taken advantage of his opportunities to go from relative unknown to one of the top tight ends in the nation.

"It's been amazing and I'm not going to lie, it does feel good," he said. "At the same time, I've got to stay humble because most players lose who they are and think they're this and that. That's when their game begins to fall because they lose their work ethic. I'm not trying to be like that."

The Southeast team had several players who, like Price, are committed to USF. The biggest draw to the school besides football for Price is the Bulls' medical program because he would one day like to be a radiologist. While he has his future plans squared away on the academic side, getting a glimpse at what it will be like to play with his fellow commits was a welcome opportunity at Gridiron Kings.

"It's great to play with some of my future brothers, they're ballers just like I am," Price said. "I'm pretty sure they're going to work just as hard if not harder than I am when we all get to college."

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26895818/30843980

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Gridiron Kings gallery 2011

F809941.jpg

Rayshawn Jenkins, Sean Price and Chris Bivins

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/photofeature.asp?SID=880&fid=37232

Chris Bivins has that same look that Mike Jenkins and Skinny had.... that "Get your **** hands off my ball." look.... LOVE IT  ;D

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

From ESPN.com this morning....

Once again USF commitment Chris Bivins has stood out. So has another USF commitment, tight end Sean Price. Tom Luginbill says of Bivins:

Bivins is a guy who has really jumped on our radar. He is not given enough due in the state of Florida. Bivins is smooth, fluid and has long arms. He's well layered with musculature. He will get bigger and more physical. Bivins just quietly goes about his business and makes the most of his opportunities.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

Looking at Price, even though he's got some guns, I doubt he'll be held in to block that often ... He's not that much bigger than Jenkins.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Didn't hear anything about D'Vario Montgomery camping this weekend. Was wondering if he was at GK's.

Didn't hear anything about D'Vario Montgomery camping this weekend. Was wondering if he was at GK's.

No, he wasn't invited.

Gridiron Kings finals today at ESPN Wide World of Sports | Roster

July 24, 2011|By  Orlando Sentinel staff reports

The Gridiron Kings semifinals and finals are today at ESPN's Wide World of Sports with 64 of the best players in the country on display.

There are 12 Florida players representing the Southeast squad, with state commitments North Marion ATH Latroy Pittman (UF), FSU commits Ocala Vanguard ATH P.J. Williams and Stone Mountain, Ga., LB Ukeme Eligwe, four Miami commits in Miami Norland RB Duke Johnson, Norland LB Keith Brown, Palm Beach Central WR Angelo Jean-Louis and Homestean LB James Burgess, and three USF commits Gainesville DB Chris Bivins, Saint Petersburg Admiral Farragut WR Rayshawn Jenkins, and North Marion TE Sean Price on display.

The only player within 100 miles of Orlando invited to the Gridiron Kings was Dr. Phillips QB Nick Patti, and he was participating in the Elite 11 Quarterback Challenge in Malibu, Calif., all week. So no Dvario Montgomery (Winter Park) or Alton 'Pig' Howard ... nobody from Central Florida in the event.

The semifinals start at 2 p.m. today, and the final will be at 4 p.m. The event will be delay-broadcast on ESPN Tuesday night.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-07-24/sports/os-recruiting-gridiron-kings-finals-espn-20110724_1_randy-duke-johnson-gridiron-kings-latroy-pittman

• Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  0

Sucks we didn't get to see the boys play on tv. I recorded it hoping to catch another glimpse of the future.

Archived